Thread: Terminator EFI rich & cutting out.

Default Terminator EFI rich & cutting out.

A couple weeks ago I was driving and the engine began bucking, throttle was not very responsive and began running rich. Engine ultimately died. It fired back up and died again. Restarted the engine and it ran smoothly and didn't have an issue until today. I've driven the car half dozen times since then without issues. Similar situation today, fired up the engine after sitting for a few minutes and it was stumbling & running very rich. It died twice. I fired it back up again and ran smoothly. Not really sure if a sensor is failing? I haven't had this issue and haven't really had an issue with the system in a couple years. Thoughts? 347 engine, computer controlled timing.
    Last edited by 66FSTBK; 07-30-2017 at 10:52 AM.

Check all the sensor values on the 3.5" TSLCD Data Monitor/Gauges. If you're using the Sniper EFI laptop software (LINK), ensure the Learn Table isn't full of corrupted values from a defective WBO2 sensor.
    http://forums.holley.com/showthread....ension-Harness (Read "Wideband O2 Sensor Notes" for information & testing.)
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Thanks, Danny. I will look into this. Wouldn't a defective WBO2 sensor just fail? Meaning, I shouldn't be able to turn the ignition off and fire the engine back up, and it started running correctly again?

Quote Originally Posted by 66FSTBK View Post
    Meaning, I shouldn't be able to turn the ignition off and fire the engine back up,...
    Yes, because cranking/starting doesn't use the Base Fuel Table and (corrupted) Learn Table.
    The Cranking Fuel (starting) is a separate table that doesn't operate under Closed Loop/WBO2 sensor.

...and it started running correctly again?
    No, because as soon as the engine starts, it runs off the Base Fuel Table and (corrupted) Learn Table.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

I haven't done any testing yet, but I pulled the WBO2 sensor and it rattles internally. Sounds like the sensor is toast.

Yes, replace that defective WBO2 sensor.

I replaced with NTK WBO2 sensor and I’ve never had the extreme symptoms I had originally, but I'm still getting these blips that feel like the ignition cutting out.
    Only lasts a second and might happen multiple times while cruising, and then not happen again for awhile. Checked all grounds, spark plug wires, cap & rotor. TFI module seems good.
    EDIT: Datalog attached. Excessive amount of fuel is being dumped during the time the symptom occurs.
    EDIT: From the datalog, it looks like the MAP sensor failed. I swapped it out on 9/24. So far, so good.

Attachment 2569
    Last edited by 66FSTBK; 09-25-2017 at 07:31 AM.