Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: No Spark

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Cabral View Post
    You don't have to change the Learn Parameters, because Learning doesn't happen in Open Loop anyway.
    In Learn Parameters, Base Fuel Learn Enabled is the only thing that needs to be check marked. (Base Fuel Learn Gain - 100%).
    That makes perfect sense. If Closed Loop doesn't happen, then Learn can't happen. So I'll just set an RPM limit of 2000 or maybe 2500 before Closed Loop can activate. That way I'm sure to be out of the rough area of the cam.

If you're reconfiguring the RPM & MAP kPa axes (scales), it must be done before adjusting the Base Fuel Table.
    This is because changing the RPM & MAP kPa axes does not automatically readjust the Base Fuel Table cell values.
    I reconfigured the RPM axis to 200 RPM below target idle, I used 800 RPM for that value. I'm assuming that with this size cam an idle of 1000 would be expected. I set the high end for 8600 RPM, which is 100 RPM over my red line. Should I just set it at my red line RPM? I didn't touch the MAP kPa axis, because I'm not sure where this thing will be on idle vacuum & decel. Do you have any suggestions? Oh, one other question about the RPM axis. Should I set the upper RPM limit of Base Fuel Table to my shift point/red line of 8500 RPM, or should I go to my rev limit value of 9000 RPM?

Quote Originally Posted by UJUSTLOST View Post
    I set the high end for 8600 RPM, which is 100 RPM over my red line. Should I just set it at my red line RPM?
    Oh, one other question about the RPM axis. Should I set the upper RPM limit of Base Fuel Table to my shift point/red line of 8500 RPM, or should I go to my rev limit value of 9000 RPM?
    I don't understand. Isn't your redline RPM the same as your rev limit RPM? (I understand the shift RPM being different.)

I didn't touch the MAP kPa axis, because I'm not sure where this thing will be on idle vacuum & decel. Do you have any suggestions?
    You won't need any MAP kPa rows under 30 kPa. You better do this now for the reason I mention in post #40.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

I don't understand. Isn't your redline RPM the same as your rev limit RPM? (I understand the shift RPM being different.)
    Based on the engine combo, I plan to shift & cross the line at 8500 RPM. I set the rev limit to 9000 RPM. I'd prefer it not go above 9000 RPM. So do I set the upper limit of the Base Fuel Table to 9000 or 8500? I guess I'm not using the terminology of redline properly here.

You won't need any MAP kPa rows under 30 kPa. You better do this now for the reason I mention in post #40.
    I will absolutely change that. Thank you for the direction.

Quote Originally Posted by UJUSTLOST View Post
    Based on the engine combo, I plan to shift & cross the line at 8500 RPM. I set the rev limit to 9000 RPM. I'd prefer it not go above 9000 RPM. So do I set the upper limit of the Base Fuel Table to 9000 or 8500? I guess I'm not using the terminology of redline properly here.
    Then set the RPM axis to 9000 RPM.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345