Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sniper Injectors Ticking

Any reason I shouldn't permanently mount it further away against the firewall, where the fuel lines come in?

Quote Originally Posted by schweigert View Post
    Any reason I shouldn't permanently mount it further away against the firewall, where the fuel lines come in?
    Yes, anywhere on the fuel feed line is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmann View Post
    And they're great for under-hood tuning (at least for adjustable return regulators).
    Yes, I have two 1˝" fuel pressure gauges permanently mounted on the inner fenderwell of the engine compartment (not on the engine).
    https://forums.holley.com/showthread...3173#post63173 (Related Fuel Pressure Gauge Post)
    https://forums.holley.com/showthread...9793#post89793 (Related Fuel Pressure Gauge Post)
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

So got the pressure gauge hooked up. 50 psi key-on no crank. Running 65 psi. https://youtu.be/ZdAzEGOCZfw

I'll be watching the outcome of this as mine started making the same grumbling loud ticking today. I could actually feel it inside the car, and when I opened the hood, it was loud. And when I shut off the engine, I heard one last loud tick tick before it actually stopped. I do have a Spectra tank as well, and haven't had any issues with fuel pressure since I put it on. Fuel pressure is 56 to 58 psi, key-on to start.

It's not a very calming sound on a gas engine, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmann View Post
    It's not a very calming sound on a gas engine, IMO.
    Agreed, I haven't driven the car since it started making that noise. I'm going to try & reset the Sniper EFI software to see if it was a bad habit it picked up while Learning, since it wasn't there in the beginning.

So I emailed Holley tech support and he said that noise is normal, so I guess I'm gonna go back to daily driving it. Gonna move the pressure gauge further back, so I can keep an eye on it in the engine bay, and maybe get some sound deadening under that hood.

UPDATE!!! I've installed a permanent fuel pressure gauge in the engine bay on BOTH the feed and the return lines. Engine running, getting 65 psi feed (same as before), AND the return gauge is showing ZERO! Maybe I should use a lesser max psi gauge as theoretically, the return line would have 5 psi, which is too little for this gauge to measure? This should at least tell me if the return line isn't clogged, and my tank as that would register a higher level than zero psi?

Quote Originally Posted by schweigert View Post
    Maybe I should use a lesser max psi gauge as theoretically, the return line would have 5 psi, which is too little for this gauge to measure?
    Yeah, I use the 0-15 psi fuel pressure gauge for the return line (LINK).

This should at least tell me if the return line isn't clogged, and my tank as that would register a higher level than zero psi?
    Yeah, your return line should be fine.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

I found the solution to the EFI ticking, I put an electric exhaust cutout behind the headers and before the X-pipe & mufflers. When I open it I can't hear the ticking. Just joking. I was told by Holley that the ticking is normal, so I didn't worry about it. The Sniper & Dual Sync Distributor run fantastic. I do have cutouts on it, it's great while cruising at car shows.