Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: '94 Mustang Leaning Out & Stalling

Danny, on that post it was sitting at idle, so that is correct. This issue happens driving or sitting at random. Does not matter the condition. That's what's so baffling to me. I just don't understand what could cause this to happen at such random times, even at a solid idle where everything is perfect it will just drop out like the key was shut off. Not sure if this is normal with the Holley, but when it does cut out, it will not restart until I shut the key and turn it back on. Thank you for all the help.

Let's go back to post #10. As a test, temporarily connect the switched +12V red/white wire directly onto the battery positive terminal. Does the engine continue running well?
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Diag #6 did increment in "stall-hefi", and Diag #7 incremented in "run-stall".
    Last edited by jfontaine; 06-26-2017 at 04:15 PM.

I did do that with no change. I think I have a issue with the TFI module. I plugged in another module and my Crane CD ignition light now comes on with the key where it would only come on when running. I'll try tonight and report back. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by jfontaine View Post
    Diag #6 did increment in "stall-hefi", and Diag #7 incremented in "run-stall".
    Good job noticing that. If it's not his TFI ignition module, it could be the PIP Hall-Effect sensor.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Well, it was the TFI. What are the chances of 2 bad Ford units? I put in an AutoZone TFI and no more stalling. Thanks so much for the help. After chasing my tail this long, I think I'm done with the TFI stuff. Probably going to pull the trigger on a Holley dual sync distributor, but just wondering how do you connect it to the CD ignition box? The harness looks like it just plugs in directly to the ignition harness on the Holley. What wire is used to trigger the box? Thank you so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Tmar512 View Post
    Well, it was the TFI. What are the chances of 2 bad Ford units? I put in an AutoZone TFI and no more stalling. Thanks so much for the help. After chasing my tail this long, I think I'm done with the TFI stuff.
    This is why I say: "I no longer advocate using the Ford TFI distributor, because too many Holley EFI users have had problems with it. (This is also corroborated by Holley Tech & one of their EFI Engineers.)"

Probably going to pull the trigger on a Holley dual sync distributor, but just wondering how do you connect it to the CD ignition box? The harness looks like it just plugs in directly to the ignition harness on the Holley. What wire is used to trigger the box?
    The loose "Points Output" white wire triggers the CD ignition box.
    The Hall-Effect crank & cam sensors are wired as shown in the Holley EFI Wiring Manual:
    http://documents.holley.com/techlibr...10555rev17.pdf (Holley EFI Wiring Manual - Figure 11/12, Page 20/21)

Thank you so much.
    You're welcome.

Happy to see you got it resolved.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123