Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: HP EFI questions

Quote Originally Posted by DButler View Post
    Which harness is needed to connect to distributor?
    If not using a small cap GM HEI distributor, the 558-304 ignition adapter harness can still be utilized by cutting off the small connector,
    and wire your distributor type according to the wiring diagrams. This is outlined in the Holley EFI Wiring Manual (center of page 15):
    http://www.holley.com/data/TechServi...10555rev11.pdf (Holley EFI Wiring Manual)
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Got car running and overall tune is good. I just need help on startup and car overloads on decel. When first trying to crank car it is hard to start. I have to pedal it and everything. After it runs a while it will fire after about 3 to 4 whirls. When coming to a stop sign and stopping the car will overload and die sometimes. If it doesn't die it will recover and start to idle better. It is a little choppy. Had a slight hesitation when leaving from stoplight to lightly hit gas. Almost got it gone with AFR 13.5 at 98 kPa, 13.2 line above and 13.5 all lines below. I just want to fix startup and decel problem. the overall tune is good with good cruise and wot. Smooth transitions. I just want to hit switch and car crank. Right now it seems rich. Should I change fuel on startup? I have 355 with very mild cam and twin 57 mm turbos. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Do you try adding fuel at Startup Enrichment-Cranking Fuel?
    Chevy Blazer Full Size 1994, 383ci, twin turbocharged, Holley Stealth Ram, Dominator ECU.
    Swap this engine and transmission to Chevy Vette C3!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234