Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sniper EFI Problems

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Cabral View Post
    Well, something changed since your first (flawless) 250 miles. It's hard for me to diagnose it from the internet.
    Obviously, something has changed. That's why I'm here asking for help. I guess I'll call Holley directly.

Quote Originally Posted by alankulwicki7 View Post
    But wouldn't that have affected driveability from the get-go? The first 250 miles were flawless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny Cabral View Post
    Well, something changed since your first (flawless) 250 miles. It's hard for me to diagnose it from the internet.
    Obviously, something has changed. That's why I'm here asking for help.
    What I mean is, whatever changed didn't happen in the first (flawless) 250 miles, so it wouldn't have affected driveability from the start.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

I was finally able to check the wiring on my Sniper EFI. Everything looks good and there doesn't appear to be any wiring interference. I turned the engine over and it actually started. Let it run for a few minutes, but the idle was pretty rough (much rougher that before). Looked at the TSLCD and the gauges seemed fairly normal (at least nothing stood out as abnormal). Checked the fuel pressure and the gauge read about 70 psi while running. Is this too much psi? I'm using the Holley fuel pump that came with the kit, and it seems like before the psi was always around 60.

Checked the fuel pressure and the gauge read about 70 psi while running. Is this too much psi? I'm using the Holley fuel pump that came with the kit, and it seems like before the psi was always around 60.
    Yes, 70 psi is a little too high. It should be about 58.5-60 psi. Contact Holley Tech Service (LINK) about a warranty replacement fuel pressure regulator.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

Ran the car a little yesterday and fuel pressure was back to normal at about 60 psi. Unhooked the PCV & plugged it. This seemed to help a little, but not a drastic change, so I called Holley this morning and explained the situation. They told me to get the car to operating temp, plug the IAC hole near the secondaries and adjust the idle to 50 less than normal. Then re-run the Wizard setup. While the car was warming up, the fuel pressure was back up to 68-70 psi. Called Holley again and they are going to send me a new fuel pressure regulator. Once I get the regulator installed, should I re-run the Wizard setup? Hoping this solves the issue!

Once I get the regulator installed, should I re-run the Wizard setup?
    No, that shouldn't be necessary. However, you might have to clear the Learn Table of corrupted values.
    The 3.5" TSLCD doesn't have the option to "Clear" the Learn Table, so you'll have to use the Sniper EFI software.

The Sniper EFI software is available (LINK), it's the CAN/USB Dongle that isn't yet.
    However, your engine Config File can still be transferred using the SD card.
    https://forums.holley.com/showthread...6350#post86350 (Sniper EFI Config File/SD Card Information)

Hoping this solves the issue!
    It should help considerably. Consistent (static) fuel pressure is paramount for proper EFI system operation.

Installed the new fuel regulator yesterday and started the car up, but no change in the performance. Still a rough idle and a quick rev of the throttle was nowhere near as smooth as before the problem started. Nothing really changed.

Called Holley this morning and they said to redo the Wizard, disable the Closed Loop to skirt the WBO2 sensor and try again. Then try to unplug the WBO2 sensor and see if the car ran better. Went through all this, but now the car won't start. Tried redoing the Wizard a few different times, and tried starting the car, but it's a no go. Still won't start. I'm starting to get a little aggravated since the first three weeks and 250 were so much fun, but now the last two weeks have been a royal pain. Not sure where to turn next.