Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Digital Dash Screen Configuration? (Shift Light)

Default Digital Dash Screen Configuration? (Shift Light)

I was wondering if it's possible to make my entire dash light up like a shift light. For instance, I have a custom layout that I've made to monitor everything I want to keep track of. I have the tach setup to turn yellow at my shift point which works fine, but it would be great if I could make the entire dash illuminate yellow with some transparency at my shift points. It would be very easy to see without looking or having an external shift light. Just a thought I had today.
    93 Notchback, 383ci SBF, Highports, 80mm turbo, custom cam, TH400

It's funny you mention this, because I had the same exact idea. I'm going to mention this to Holley EFI. I'll let you know if/when I get a reply.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS T/W 11R 205 heads, 232°-244° duration/.623" lift/114° LSA camshaft, 12:1 C/R, TFS R-Series FTI ported intake, BBK 80mm T/B, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 200A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, -6AN fuel system plumbing, Walbro 255 LPH pump, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/3000 RPM converter, B&M Hammer shifter, FPP aluminum driveshaft, FPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 M/T Street Comp tires.

That would be great, thank you.

I've setup a "Shift Light" Dash on several vehicles.
    You just need to create an output in the ECU, you don't have to Pin Map it anywhere.
    Name it "Shift Light" or something simple to remember.
    Then tell it to activate when RPM is above the desired RPM and deactivate 100 RPM below that.

Then on the dash, as the last gauge you make, you create a "Digital Odometer" using that output.
    Make it LARGE enough to fill most of the screen (leave it just shy of the top so you can still click to get to the menus).
    Then use your Shift Light output as what it's using. Set Max Warning to 1, and set the color you want.

When the output activates, the Value will be 1, and it will light up the entire box you created.
    Just be forewarned, when it's on, because it's on top, you won't be able to see any other gauges.
    -Scott
    Don't forget to check out progress on my Race Car:
    Project Blasphemy - 8.07 @ 171
    Low 8 Second Street Car

Thanks, that's pretty close to how I envisioned it. Much appreciated!

Great idea, I'll be setting mine up.
    2010 Shelby GT500
    1987 Fox GT (drag car)

I made a quick tutorial: https://youtu.be/9h_uhjIGXmc. The video quality sucks, but you should be able to follow along. I hope it helps.

Thanks for that, but if someone has a video of their Digital Dash shift light activated by RPM, I'd like to see it.
    EDIT: Never mind, I did it and it works great. FYI: 600 pixels "Size" is good screen coverage, and still allows side access to the background screen for Menu options, and the bottom dots for other screens. Remember, the shift light custom created Output is just an EFI software based RPM Output (Inputs/Outputs ICF), not Pin Mapped so it doesn't consume any I/O (good for HP EFI users).
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS T/W 11R 205 heads, 232°-244° duration/.623" lift/114° LSA camshaft, 12:1 C/R, TFS R-Series FTI ported intake, BBK 80mm T/B, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 200A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, -6AN fuel system plumbing, Walbro 255 LPH pump, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/3000 RPM converter, B&M Hammer shifter, FPP aluminum driveshaft, FPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 M/T Street Comp tires.

Apparently, I scraped my oil pan one too many times or I would have started it. It's been working for me since shortly after I started this thread.

Thanks for the video Rick. I'm going to give this a try as soon as I get my car up & running again.
    89 Mustang GT
    Dart Block 363 with Borg S475 Turbo
    Holley Dominator EFI with 7" Digital Dash

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast