Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Regarding the Minimum Signal Voltage

OK, I was just hoping you didn't have it set to 50° Ignition Reference Angle. Although, I don't know if that's the inherent Ignition Reference Angle for an MSD magnetic pickup distributor.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

I'm just hoping that I can import the fueling & timing from the MSD "tune", to the Dual Sync. I believe it's possible with the SD card via the EFI software, but obviously I'm not 100% sure since this will be a "new" do-over. I know my Fuel Only, Non Timing Control tune was way, way off with fueling, 34% or 35%, which I think is the max it will compensate?

Quote Originally Posted by rel3rd View Post
    I'm just hoping that I can import the fueling & timing from the MSD "tune", to the Dual Sync. I believe it's possible with the SD card via the EFI software, but obviously I'm not 100% sure since this will be a "new" do-over.
    Why does it have to be a fresh Config File? You can use your existing Config File, and just change the Ignition Parameters to "Holley Dual Sync".

I know my Fuel Only, Non Timing Control tune was way, way off with fueling, 34% or 35%, which I think is the max it will compensate?
    No, the default Closed Loop & Learned Compensation Limits are set to 100% in the base calibrations.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

I didn't even think about that, Danny. I may do that for the timing control "delete" tune, while I'm waiting for the Dual Sync distributor.
    I see in the 3rd manual there's no mention of any settings to be changed (with dual sync), aside from Inductive Delay & Reference Angle.
    So just drop it in verify and sync timing and that's it. Is that correct?
    FWIW, I know the default setting is 100%, but I've never seen it go over that 35.9% (or 34.9%). Ever.

I see in the 3rd manual there's no mention of any settings to be changed (with dual sync), aside from Inductive Delay & Reference Angle.
    You're changing the Ignition Type from "Magnetic" to "Holley Dual Sync".

So just drop it in verify and sync timing and that's it. Is that correct?
    Please read the Holley Dual Sync Distributor instruction manual (LINK).

FWIW, I know the default setting is 100%, but I've never seen it go over that 35.9% (or 34.9%). Ever.
    That's fine, there's nothing wrong with that.
    The purpose of the Learn Table is not to achieve similar values, high/low values (0% or 100%), or any value in particular.
    It's simply indicating the amount of tuning applied to the Base Fuel Table. Read this thread (LINK), that's what it's all about.

I know I would need to change the Ignition Type...LOL.
    I actually came over here this morning, and imported (which is the only way I can see/edit any tune via the SD card), and once I changed the Ignition Type to Dual Sync, the Filtering or Minimum Signal Voltage boxes disappeared. So, that answered my question. I do indeed plan to read, again, the dual sync distributor installation process, and just hope it works as promised, and touted.

BTW, I left the Inductive Delay & Reference Angle the same as I used for the MSD, hoping it will be close, or at least a good baseline.

I also fully understand the Learn Table function. Just was clarifying that MINE has never shown more than 34.9%, with a fresh, new, tune, like I put in it Friday, even though it's limits were shown as 100% in the EFI software. Today, I also imported my "Learned" values to the CD BOX tune (which is what currently I'm using), so I could enjoy the car a little. Starts immediately, like it always did, prior to Timing Control, and with 33° base timing. I'd love to know why it was so hard starting with Timing Control, and starts great without it.

I do indeed plan to read, again, the dual sync distributor installation process, and just hope it works as promised, and touted.
    We already know the Holley Dual Sync distributor perfectly.

BTW, I left the Inductive Delay & Reference Angle the same as I used for the MSD, hoping it will be close, or at least a good baseline.
    Read the Holley Dual Sync Distributor instruction manual (LINK).

I'd love to know why it was so hard starting with Timing Control, and starts great without it.
    My gut tells me, it might be trying to start the engine from the physical location of where the distributor actually is. I think I saw something about it in the manual.

Quote Originally Posted by BITE_ME View Post
    My gut tells me, it might be trying to start the engine from the physical location of where the distributor actually is. I think I saw something about it in the manual.
    That would explain it, if that's the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Cabral View Post
    We already know the Holley Dual Sync distributor perfectly.
    Read the Holley Dual Sync Distributor instruction manual (LINK).
    Just for anyone else who may be wondering, the link shows the instructions to enter a CUSTOM Ignition setup, CONFIGURE, Digital Falling, etc., but the software only allows you to choose Dual Sync, Inductive Delay & Reference Angle...like I originally asked about above.

The first page and a half have no connection to the SNIPER, that I can see or find: http://documents.holley.com/199r10977rev.pdf

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast