Ok i read through the various truck avenger threads here as I like using search first.. but my issue isnt found..

so let me say this.. i know enough about motors but not everything and ta boot.. carbs I know very basics...

motor..
1991 caprice police L05 (hydraulic roller cam)
1996 tahoe vortec heads
weiand power plus+ vortec dual plane intake
comp cams xtreme 4x4 cam http://www.compcams.com/Company/CC/c...?csid=197&sb=2
msd distributor
msd 6-al with rev limiter adjustable pod

now carb...
i originally had the holley -1 replaced with the -2..
had it for a while.. and couldnt ever get it to run right.. found out one day that there was a high idle screw hidden.. found it and adjusted away...
still never ran right..

it has a hessitation when you start driving but would be fine after that.
a guy i know who races cars said you cant put a holley on a motor without doing stuff to it... soooo..

68 jet replaced to 71 jet
2.5 portion valve changed to 10

now for emmissions testing.. i adjusted the air/fuel screws for maximum vacuum.. and you can smell the fuel.. it is running sooo rich...
so I want to go back and get this thing running right.. not gonna give up on this carb...

so lowe and behold the question way down here...
why is the portion valve 2.5? local race store said a 2.5 is for a rediculously radical cam.. as when vaccuum goes below 2.5 then it operates?

when i deal with the off idle rolling hesitation... and gun it.. it hits into the secondaries and falls on its face... literally all power lost... it is horrible... I did not change the spring or anything...

could the jets or 10 portion valve create this as I dont remember it doing this before they were replaced...

that is enough for now i guess