Thread: Commander 950 factory diagram not matching my harness.

Default Commander 950 factory diagram not matching my harness.

Been working on the Pro-Jection MPI computer, but failing to find the proper software to test my wiring. I have swapped back to the Commander 950 to bench test it. Going through the wiring diagram and looking at the wires. I'm seeing a few differences on what's in the book and what's on my harness. My harness looks like from the ends it was originally for G.M. TPI or LT1 engine. I only see one relay in the book as my harness has two relays and a fuse block. Also, it has a end that looks like it plugs into a distributor or box. The labels on the wires were put on there by me, it was bought used with the harness. The label on the back reads: 200R514-1A 3634 (I think this is the software version.)
    176'-01 on the smaller plug to the Commander unit (24 pin).
    B5 goes to Hall-Effect A on the diagram, on my harness there is nothing there.
    B8 goes to A/C Request on the diagram, on my harness there is nothing there.
    B9 is purple and goes to IPU A (positive IPU) on the diagram,
    on my harness it's a bright red wire going to the square MSD style connector.
    B10 is dark blue going to park/neutral on the diagram, on my harness there is nothing there.
    B11 green ground to IPU B (Negative IPU) on the diagram, on my harness it goes to the MSD style connector.
    A1 green fuel pump relay goes to the relay and has a orange wire coming out from the relay.
    The second relay is coming from the fuse box and has a pink wire that is loose in the harness.
    On the wider 32 prong plug in, besides color code they seem to be spot on.
    Has anyone seen a factory harness like this? Do they make adapters to take the triangle style TPS plug to the standard flat TBI style plug in?

20170522_165221 by Safjist Nipnog, on Flickr

20170522_165230 by Safjist Nipnog, on Flickr

20170522_165237 by Safjist Nipnog, on Flickr

20170522_165317 by Safjist Nipnog, on Flickr

20170522_165400 by Safjist Nipnog, on Flickr

20170522_165403 by Safjist Nipnog, on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by ADOR View Post
    Has anyone seen a factory harness like this?
    It's just a harness someone modified for a custom fit on their application.
    http://documents.holley.com/techlibrary_r10149-7.pdf (Commander 950 EFI Instruction Manual)

Do they make adapters to take the triangle style TPS plug to the standard flat TBI style plug in?
    You can make your own, or purchase one of these:
    http://www.casperselectronics.com/ca...scription=true (TPS Wiring Adapters)
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

Thanks Danny! I was thinking maybe Holley had there own version, or I was going to have to look up the connector name and go from there. I'm trying to avoid butchering this harness any if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by ADOR View Post
    Thanks Danny!
    You're welcome.

I was thinking maybe Holley had there own version, or I was going to have to look up the connector name and go from there.
    Round 3-pin TPS female mating connector - Delphi 2120-0554 (motorcycle & powersport applications #2120-0216 - LINK, LINK, LINK), to a 3-pin Weather-Pack connector.
    http://forums.holley.com/showthread....4397#post54397 (TPS/Transducer Extension Harness)
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires