Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Newbie from Georgia

Default Newbie from Georgia

I just had the new "Sniper EFI" installed in my 1969 Dodge Charger R/T SE 440 4 speed. The system is in "Learning" stage. How long does it take to "Learn"? I drove the car around for an hour and it is only at 18%? It was above 160° coolant temp. Also, is there a way to RESET the entire Learning process? Thanks, Jon

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    How long does it take to "Learn"?
    When the Learn Table values stop making significant changes, the ECU is finished self-tuning.
    http://forums.holley.com/showthread....7370#post47370 (Closed Loop & Learn Table - Especially posts #2, #6 & #11.)

I drove the car around for an hour and it is only at 18%? It was above 160° coolant temp.
    The purpose of the Learn Table is not to achieve similar values, high/low values (0% or 100%), or any value in particular.
    It's simply indicating the amount of tuning applied to the Base Fuel Table. Read this thread, that's what it's all about:
    http://forums.holley.com/showthread....7370#post47370 (Closed Loop & Learn Table - Especially posts #2, #6 & #11.)

Also, is there a way to RESET the entire Learning process?
    You need to read the Sniper EFI Instruction Manual (LINK).
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

Thanks Danny. Sniper chip had a corrupted file according to Holley. So my mechanic downloaded all of the software files again, and the car runs amazing now. I would recommend this EFI system to anyone looking to change over from a carburetor. Next steps are new air intake, manifold, headers & 3" inch crossover exhaust. Need to let the 440" Magnum breath.

One more question on the "Sniper EFI". I'm now getting a blue screen at startup that says "Download from SD". When I turn car off, then restart the car, the screen goes normal showing all gauges? I'll call Holley also, but wanted to ask if anyone in this forum experienced the same? Thanks.

One more question on the "Sniper EFI". I'm now getting a blue screen at startup that says "Download from SD". When I turn car off, then restart the car, the screen goes normal showing all gauges? I'll call Holley also, but wanted to ask if anyone in this forum experienced the same?
    Is there something to download from the SD card? https://forums.holley.com/showthread...-for-FW-update (Related Forum Thread)

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

OK, another question about the Holley Sniper EFI. I picked up the car from the mechanic that installed it yesterday. I drove the car with him for about 30 minutes and the car ran fantastic. All gauges were reading optimal numbers and the car drove smooth as silk through all the gears. I started the car this morning and it idles and runs really bad. Rough idle, almost stalling, smoke out the back end. It's definitely getting too much gas.
    AFR in upper left corner is reading 35.6.
    CL Comp, % reading 100. Both in red.
    What would cause the car to run fantastic one day and then the next run like crap? My mechanic also changed out the WBO2 sensor for a new one. Could this be an electrical issue? HELP. Thanks, Jon

I also took the card out and put it back in because at the initial start up I got a constant blue screen reading > check SD for FW-update...

If all other sensors are displaying accurate data, replace the WBO2 sensor. Ensure there's no exhaust leaks upstream of the WBO2 sensor.
    Also, you can't just replace the WBO2 sensor, and restart the engine. You must upload the last "known to be good" Global Folder,
    upload the base calibration, or at the very least, clear the Learn Table of the corrupted values from the defective WBO2 sensor.
    http://forums.holley.com/showthread....2680#post82680 (Read this thread for full details.)

A short lived WBO2 sensor is usually an installation or location problem.
    http://forums.holley.com/showthread....ension-Harness (WBO2 Sensor Information - Read 4th & 5th paragraph under "Wideband O2 Sensor Notes".)

Thanks for the quick reply Danny. WBO2 sensor is installed per directions and at the proper angle. No exhaust leaks, so it must be a bad WBO2 sensor. I'll upload the last known to be good from the Global Folder and replace the sensor (hopefully next week). I'll repost results when I get it fixed.

Danny, do you have the LINK to the Config File? Thanks. Also, any suggestions on a mechanic living in the Atlanta area that's an expert in installing the Sniper EFI. Just want to have some options.
    Last edited by Jon; 06-10-2017 at 01:13 PM.

Danny, do you have the LINK to the Config File? Thanks.
    The Config File is your engine file. It's one of the ".sniper" Config Files.
    The Sniper EFI software is available (LINK), it's the CAN/USB Dongle that isn't yet.
    However, your engine Config File can still be transferred using the SD card.
    https://forums.holley.com/showthread...6350#post86350 (Sniper EFI Config File/SD Card Information)

Also, any suggestions on a mechanic living in the Atlanta area that's an expert in installing the Sniper EFI. Just want to have some options.
    But your Sniper EFI is already installed? Sniper EFI Instruction Manual (LINK).