Thread: Off Idle Bog

Default Off Idle Bog

Hi, I recently got a car with a Holley carburetor on it, and first of all I can't find it listed anywhere. The numbers on the front are 80453 and below that it is 3345. All that I could find was that it was a 600 cfm carb. Other than that, it bogs off of idle. I've set the accelerator pump in every place from the tightest to the loosest, and tried all the cam settings on the one I have, and both the primary & secondary float levels are at a good level. All I can think of is going up in nozzle size because I have 31s right now, and it's on a Ford 302 engine. I was hoping to avoid that, so any other ideas?
    Last edited by TheJugulator; 05-10-2017 at 11:06 PM.

Posting Permissions

• You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Holley has been the undisputed leader in fuel systems for over 100 years. Holley carburetors have powered every NASCAR® Sprint® Cup team and nearly every NHRA® Pro–Stock champion for four decades. Now, Holley EFI is dominating the performance world as well as our products for GM's LS engine. Holley's products also include performance fuel pumps, intake manifolds & engine dress–up products for street performance, race and marine applications. As a single solution, or partnered with products from other Holley companies - Hooker Headers, Flowtech Headers, NOS Nitrous, Weiand, Earl's Performance Plumbing, or Diablosport - Holley products can give you the edge you need over the competition.
Join us