Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Holley Sniper Ignition Timing

Quote Originally Posted by Lars View Post
    Seems to me it got way too much. Could it be the regulator failing? Should I disconnect the return line at the tank and see if it returns anything to the gas tank? Thanks again for all your help.
    Since the fuel pressure is correct at 60 psi, I doubt the fuel pressure regulator is failing. I'd test the WBO2 sensor, since a failing WBO2 sensor usually causes an excessively rich condition. Or just try a new Bosch 17025 WBO2 sensor.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

Thanks Danny. I'll get a new one. I've searched for this WBO2 sensor around here, but they are not common in Norway, or in Scandinavia for that matter. I have lot of Standard Motor Products oxygen sensors in stock at work. But I can't find anyone matching the Bosch 17025. Do you know a Standard Motor Products brand oxygen sensor I can use?

Do you know a Standard Motor Products brand oxygen sensor I can use?
    No, but try the OEM Bosch part number: http://www.oxygensensor.net/bosch_o2/17025.php

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

Thanks Danny. What would I do without your advice. I have learned so much the last days. Also by reading of course. But your advice has been crucial to make me understand how this works. I have some more Cadillacs I will buy Holley Sniper for. So I use the '70 convertible as a learning vehicle.

I found the WBO2 sensor locally. It will take me about 1-2 weeks to get it from USA. So I'll buy it here to get my Cadillac on the road a little faster. It's a price difference though. But I have to live with that. Locally it cost me $325.00!

But I still have one question for you. I have a OEM single exhaust system. With a crossover pipe from the right-hand head. That's where I have my oxygen sensor. 6 inches from the flange. Would it be better to have it where left & right side joins together? To "sniff" both sides of the exhaust? Thanks again Danny.

I have a OEM single exhaust system. With a crossover pipe from the right-hand head. That's where I have my oxygen sensor. 6 inches from the flange. Would it be better to have it where left & right side joins together? To "sniff" both sides of the exhaust?
    It should be installed before the x-pipe. The WBO2 sensor should measure the AFR from one bank of cylinders.
    It's not recommended to locate the WBO2 sensor in the x-pipe/crossover, because the two banks of an engine measure differently.
    So you could be exacerbating a potential AFR problem by trying to read both banks simultaneously. It should be in the leaner bank.

Thanks again Danny.
    You're welcome.

So it's better if I just let it stay where it is. This is the side where the #1 cylinder is:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	70 exhaust.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	59.2 KB 
ID:	2244

That should be fine, especially since you stated that location was working well beforehand (post #13).
    http://forums.holley.com/showthread....ension-Harness (Read "Wideband O2 Sensor Notes" - Read 5th Paragraph)

Thanks again Danny. Then I'll wait for the WBO2 sensor to arrive tomorrow and hit the workshop when I get home from work. Thanks again Danny for excellent help.

You're welcome, and thanks for the compliment.

This happened to me exactly, and it was a fuel pressure leak at the throttle body. I got new nipples that come off the 6AN, off the Sniper. Problem solved, well for me anyways.