Еarly Holley Pro-Jection 2bbl. Help please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Russian
    • Mar 2012

Еarly Holley Pro-Jection 2bbl. Help please!

Please help. I purchased a Ford Bronco with an early system of Holley Pro-Jection 2bbl (with ribbed top shell). The engine runs fine and at idle and maximum power. All the bad overshadows the work of the accelerator pump. In order for the motor stalled during heavy throttle has to make a very rich mixture. The setting did exactly as instructed. Inlet pressure - 15 psi, the output - 0. Coolant temperature sensor is working correctly. System I have not closed, the oxygen sensor is not. Replace any components of the system or I can not. In Russia, a very rare thing Holley Pro-Jection.
    All tips are important to me. I hope very much for your help.
    Thank you. Sorry for my English.
  • Danny Cabral
    Administrator
    • Dec 2009

If the engine's air/fuel ratio is too lean, you can increase the fuel pressure.

Also, the TPS voltage at idle (on those early systems) has to be set at .63-.65 volts. This is imperative for proper operation.
    If you adjust the idle speed, you must also reset the TPS sensor voltage at idle.
    http://www.holley.com/data/Products/...99R9975rev.pdf (early Pro-Jection 2D Manual - page 8)
    https://www.holley.com/document/199r9777-6rev2.pdf (late Pro-Jection 2D Manual - page 22)
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385"/6.3L SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, Eagle 3.470" forged steel crankshaft & H-beam rods, Wiseco 4.200" forged pistons, Trick Flow Twisted Wedge 11R 205 CNC Comp Ported heads, 12:1 compression ratio, 232°-244° duration/.623" lift/114° LSA H/R camshaft, Trick Flow R-Series FTI Comp Ported intake, BBK 80mm throttle body, Holley Dominator MPFI & DIS, Holley 36-1 crank trigger, MSD 1x cam sync, PA PMGR starter, PA 200A 3G alternator, Optima 34/78 Red battery, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, R134a A/C, Spal Dual 12" HP 3168 CFM fans, Frostbite 3-core aluminum radiator, Pypes SS dual 2.5" exhaust, SS off-road X-pipe, SS shorty headers, OEM smog pump converted vacuum pump, Earl's -6AN fuel system plumbing, Walbro 255 LPH in-tank pump & Pro-M -6AN hanger, S&W subframe connectors, BMR upper & lower torque box reinforcements, highly modified Ford 4R70W transmission, FTI 9.5"/3000 stall/triple disc TCC, B&M Hammer shifter, Stifflers trans crossmember & driveshaft safety loop, FPP aluminum driveshaft, FPP 3.73 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 M/T Street Comp tires.

Comment

• Russian
      • Mar 2012

Voltage 0.65 installed. Even when fully twisted clockwise potentiometer "mid range" mixture too lean.
      The situation is somewhat improved if the TPS to establish 0.77 volts.
      However, in this case the sudden pressing the accelerator pedal the engine try to stop.
      Pressure also tried to increase to 18-20 psi. The result is the same.
      On the adjustment of potentiometer "accel pump" engine does not respond at all.

Can I somehow test the accelerator pump?
      Last edited by Russian; 03-14-2012, 07:00 AM.

Comment

• Danny Cabral
        Administrator
        • Dec 2009

Originally posted by Russian View Post
        On the adjustment of potentiometer "accel pump" engine does not respond at all.
        Can I somehow test the accelerator pump?
        Yes, with the engine idling, you can move the TPS lever on the throttle
        body (without moving the throttle shaft) and see if more fuel is injected.

EDIT: If you were referring to testing the "Accel Pump" potentiometer,
        that can be tested with a multimeter (measuring Ohms).
        Last edited by Danny Cabral; 03-14-2012, 10:27 AM.
        '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385"/6.3L SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, Eagle 3.470" forged steel crankshaft & H-beam rods, Wiseco 4.200" forged pistons, Trick Flow Twisted Wedge 11R 205 CNC Comp Ported heads, 12:1 compression ratio, 232°-244° duration/.623" lift/114° LSA H/R camshaft, Trick Flow R-Series FTI Comp Ported intake, BBK 80mm throttle body, Holley Dominator MPFI & DIS, Holley 36-1 crank trigger, MSD 1x cam sync, PA PMGR starter, PA 200A 3G alternator, Optima 34/78 Red battery, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, R134a A/C, Spal Dual 12" HP 3168 CFM fans, Frostbite 3-core aluminum radiator, Pypes SS dual 2.5" exhaust, SS off-road X-pipe, SS shorty headers, OEM smog pump converted vacuum pump, Earl's -6AN fuel system plumbing, Walbro 255 LPH in-tank pump & Pro-M -6AN hanger, S&W subframe connectors, BMR upper & lower torque box reinforcements, highly modified Ford 4R70W transmission, FTI 9.5"/3000 stall/triple disc TCC, B&M Hammer shifter, Stifflers trans crossmember & driveshaft safety loop, FPP aluminum driveshaft, FPP 3.73 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 M/T Street Comp tires.

Comment

• Russian
          • Mar 2012

Potentiometer "Accel Pump" I have checked. He is working properly. TPS is also turned - everything correctly, amount of fuel when it is turning "more fuel" increases as expected. I believe that the case in electronics. I can do anything he is correct, but I have no circuit diagram of the electronic unit.
          Last edited by Russian; 03-15-2012, 03:28 AM.

Comment

• Russian
            • Mar 2012

Replaced by a potentiometer () 100 Kohm 250 Kohm. Now a little better response to the accelerator. But it is far from ideal. The mixture will still have to keep a somewhat richer (the color of the flame in the combustion chamber of the yellow and orange).
            Does anyone have any more solutions to the problem?

PS All the adjustments do so using such a device: http://www.inj.ru/index.php?productID=84
            Allows you to observe the process of combustion in the engine.

Comment

• Danny Cabral
              Administrator
              • Dec 2009

If the engine still has lean problems, then the fuel pressure must be increased. Do all the injectors spray?
              If this doesn't resolve the problem, then this EFI system probably isn't suitable for your engine.
              Is your engine modified/high performance? If so, this early Pro-Jection system is the wrong application.

Comment

• Russian
                • Mar 2012

Increased pressure to 18 psi. Did not notice the difference. I will try to replace the operational amplifier in the electronics module is responsible for the "accelerator pump". Very much needed a circuit diagram. On the Internet I could not find it. You can tell where I find it?
                The engine I have a 351 Windsor. Major repairs, mileage after repairs about 1000 miles.
                650-670 CFM system performance.

Comment

• Russian
                  • Mar 2012

Replacing the injectors. Please tell me what other injectors except 250R-55AA fit into my system about Holley Pro-Jection 2BBL? Thank you.

Comment

• Danny Cabral
                    Administrator
                    • Dec 2009

Replacing the injectors. Please tell me what other injectors except 250R-55AA fit into my system about Holley Pro-Jection 2BBL? Thank you.
                    If these are the old style B2 injectors (round black cap), they're now obsolete from Holley.
                    Holley now sells the new style Delphi injectors, with the individual top harness connectors:
                    http://www.holley.com/534-170.asp (2 bbl Injector Pod Upgrade Kit)
                    http://www.holley.com/522-43.asp (2 bbl TBI Fuel Injectors, 60 PPH @ 12 PSI / 85 PPH @ 21 PSI)

Comment

• Russian
                      • Mar 2012

Danny, thanks for the quick response.
                      I have access to the injectors 250R-26AA. They fit me?

Comment

• Danny Cabral
                        Administrator
                        • Dec 2009

I have access to the injectors 250R-26AA. They fit me?
                        I don't know the lb/hr rating of those injectors, but they'll fit the old style injector pod.

Comment

• Russian
                          • Mar 2012

Danny, how can I make a purchase in the Holley store? They do not deliver to Russia. Thank you.

Comment

• Danny Cabral
                            Administrator
                            • Dec 2009

Danny, how can I make a purchase in the Holley store? They do not deliver to Russia. Thank you.
                            I don't know what to tell you. No speed shops that sell Holley parts over there?
                            Depending on what you're buying, it may not be worth the cost to upgrade that TBI unit.

Comment

• Russian
                              • Mar 2012

Shops selling Holley goods in Russia, there is little. And the Holley product itself, is not well known. I would be able to promote your products, if I had that right.

Comment

Working...
                              X