Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Еarly Holley Pro-Jection 2bbl. Help please!

Exclamation Еarly Holley Pro-Jection 2bbl. Help please!

Please help. I purchased a Ford Bronco with an early system of Holley Pro-Jection 2bbl (with ribbed top shell). The engine runs fine and at idle and maximum power. All the bad overshadows the work of the accelerator pump. In order for the motor stalled during heavy throttle has to make a very rich mixture. The setting did exactly as instructed. Inlet pressure - 15 psi, the output - 0. Coolant temperature sensor is working correctly. System I have not closed, the oxygen sensor is not. Replace any components of the system or I can not. In Russia, a very rare thing Holley Pro-Jection.
    All tips are important to me. I hope very much for your help.
    Thank you. Sorry for my English.

If the engine's air/fuel ratio is too lean, you can increase the fuel pressure.

Also, the TPS voltage at idle (on those early systems) has to be set at .63-.65 volts. This is imperative for proper operation.
    If you adjust the idle speed, you must also reset the TPS sensor voltage at idle.
    http://www.holley.com/data/Products/...99R9975rev.pdf (early Pro-Jection 2D Manual - page 8)
    https://www.holley.com/document/199r9777-6rev2.pdf (late Pro-Jection 2D Manual - page 22)
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: Dominator MPFI & DIS, A/C, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/X-pipe/shorty headers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Voltage 0.65 installed. Even when fully twisted clockwise potentiometer "mid range" mixture too lean.
    The situation is somewhat improved if the TPS to establish 0.77 volts.
    However, in this case the sudden pressing the accelerator pedal the engine try to stop.
    Pressure also tried to increase to 18-20 psi. The result is the same.
    On the adjustment of potentiometer "accel pump" engine does not respond at all.

Can I somehow test the accelerator pump?
    Last edited by Russian; 03-14-2012 at 07:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Russian View Post
    On the adjustment of potentiometer "accel pump" engine does not respond at all.
    Can I somehow test the accelerator pump?
    Yes, with the engine idling, you can move the TPS lever on the throttle
    body (without moving the throttle shaft) and see if more fuel is injected.

EDIT: If you were referring to testing the "Accel Pump" potentiometer,
    that can be tested with a multimeter (measuring Ohms).
    Last edited by Danny Cabral; 03-14-2012 at 10:27 AM.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: Dominator MPFI & DIS, A/C, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/X-pipe/shorty headers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Potentiometer "Accel Pump" I have checked. He is working properly. TPS is also turned - everything correctly, amount of fuel when it is turning "more fuel" increases as expected. I believe that the case in electronics. I can do anything he is correct, but I have no circuit diagram of the electronic unit.
    Last edited by Russian; 03-15-2012 at 03:28 AM.

Replaced by a potentiometer () 100 Kohm 250 Kohm. Now a little better response to the accelerator. But it is far from ideal. The mixture will still have to keep a somewhat richer (the color of the flame in the combustion chamber of the yellow and orange).
    Does anyone have any more solutions to the problem?

PS All the adjustments do so using such a device: http://www.inj.ru/index.php?productID=84
    Allows you to observe the process of combustion in the engine.

If the engine still has lean problems, then the fuel pressure must be increased. Do all the injectors spray?
    If this doesn't resolve the problem, then this EFI system probably isn't suitable for your engine.
    Is your engine modified/high performance? If so, this early Pro-Jection system is the wrong application.

Increased pressure to 18 psi. Did not notice the difference. I will try to replace the operational amplifier in the electronics module is responsible for the "accelerator pump". Very much needed a circuit diagram. On the Internet I could not find it. You can tell where I find it?
    The engine I have a 351 Windsor. Major repairs, mileage after repairs about 1000 miles.
    650-670 CFM system performance.

Replacing the injectors. Please tell me what other injectors except 250R-55AA fit into my system about Holley Pro-Jection 2BBL? Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Russian View Post
    Replacing the injectors. Please tell me what other injectors except 250R-55AA fit into my system about Holley Pro-Jection 2BBL? Thank you.
    If these are the old style B2 injectors (round black cap), they're now obsolete from Holley.
    Holley now sells the new style Delphi injectors, with the individual top harness connectors:
    http://www.holley.com/534-170.asp (2 bbl Injector Pod Upgrade Kit)
    http://www.holley.com/522-43.asp (2 bbl TBI Fuel Injectors, 60 PPH @ 12 PSI / 85 PPH @ 21 PSI)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast