Thread: What would cause Holley to not send a Ground signal?

Default What would cause Holley to not send a Ground signal?

I have pin B3 Output 4 (green/gray wire) going to my Holley Relay 554-111 yellow/black wire to trigger the transbrake. However, when I push the transbrake button, nothing happens. Relay is set as PWM-, orange wire to 12V, Blue wire to transbrake solenoid. Relay configured to trigger when transbrake button is enabled. I can probe the yellow/black wire with a test light and the solenoid will engage. I cannot get the Holley to send the signal to the transbrake solenoid.

Make a short datalog of you pressing the button, and letting go, then post the log and a .hefi file and we can take a look (use Dropbox, Google Drive, or a site like File Dropper). Likely, you don't have the output setup correctly, and those files will let us look to find out what is incorrect.
    -Scott
    Don't forget to check out progress on my Race Car:
    Project Blasphemy - 8.07 @ 171
    Low 8 Second Street Car

Thank you Scott. I'll do that hopefully tomorrow. Here's the current .hefi file that I have setup: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9...WJsTjlkcURiR28

Looks correct in the .hefi file. Make sure you don't have any voltage coming from your bump button. Also, make sure you're actually pressing the transbrake button and not your bump button. I've seen people forget which button is which (easy mistake).
    -Scott
    Low 8 Second Street Car

I don't have a bump button setup yet, just a test transbrake button. I actually was using my Line Lock button to test the transbrake, does my config file require the Bump to be hooked up in order for the transbrake to work?

No, it should not matter, as long as you have 12V going into the ECU where your transbrake is Pin Mapped at, and as long as your relay black/yellow wire is pinned to the correct output pin, it should work.
    Add the transbrake/bump inputs and the bump output to your Views in the lower left corner of the EFI software, and see if they light up little dots when you press the button.
    My only guess is that you have them backwards in the Pin Map, or you accidentally wired the Inputs to the Output pins & vice versa.
    -Scott
    Low 8 Second Street Car

OK will do. I'm getting 12V to the ECU, at least my test light is activating when I press the button. I'll get back at it tomorrow evening and see what I come up with. Thank you for the help, it's getting close.

Well, I've been playing with it for days now. Datalogging and trying different ways to activate the Transbrake/Bump/2-Step. No dice.

While logging & repeatedly pushing the transbrake button absolutely nothing is happening in the logs. If I wire the button directly to the Holley solenoid the brake works fine. I've now tried setting the transbrake button up as a 12V input, as well as the ground input way following the single relay setup that I found here and on YellowBullet. The software tune looks to be correct, I've back traced the wires to make sure that I have the correct ones as Pin Mapped. B3 green/gray for the relay PWM−, and blue/white A12 for the button. Nothing is working, no Transbrake or 2-Step at this point.

UPDATE: Fixed it. Holley EFI is idiot proof. Hold my beer.

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Snail View Post
    UPDATE: Fixed it. Holley EFI is idiot proof. Hold my beer.
    Now I'm curious to know what brain-fart thing you did that you realized & fixed...LOL.
    -Scott
    Low 8 Second Street Car

Well. When I bought the Holley kit it had 2 input/2 output wires in the I/O harness. I got 4 more wires pre-pinned and installed them into the pigtail. Kit wasn't installed and I had not read anything on it yet. Sooo...yeah, you can already figure out what I did wrong. ROFL.

BTW, do you have a minute to look at a datalog file for me? It's a small one, 2-Step/transbrake test. I'm trying to figure a couple things out, like I have the tune set as a Holley 3 bar MAP but I'm using the GM 12223861 3 bar MAP and it's not reading correctly (duh). I show no boost on the transbrake/2-Step when I'm sure I should. First test since I figured out my mistake, so the next in line is to correct the MAP sensor issue that I'm pretty sure I'm having.

Current Tune:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9...DVnYzc3aWVUQk0
    Datalog file:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9...29yMmdyS2lYWEk