Thread: Possible Sensor Issue

Default Possible Sensor Issue

OK, so I installed my Sniper a few months ago and it was running fine. No issues. I took the car on a few drives probably over 100 miles altogether. On the last drive, the car seemed to be running a bit rougher when coming back. Didn't think too much of it at the time. Then life got in the way and I went almost a month without starting or driving the car. Fast forward to Tuesday, I finally got the car out and took my son for a drive in the neighborhood. I thought the car was running a bit rough, but thought it might have all been in my head. This evening my wife, son & I took the car out for another drive in the neighborhood. My wife even commented that the car was running rough. I looked at the gauges and it seemed like the actual AFR was jumping around the Target AFR a lot more than what I had seen previously. Target AFR was supposed to be 13.6 range and the Actual was jumping around to 11–16 continuously even with the car idling at a stop sign. I've read that some of the WBO2 sensors have been going out. Do you guys think mine is going out? Or should I be looking in another direction? I know I've read the WBO2 is a warranty replacement, but I replaced the CTS after the one that came with the unit read way cooler than my gauge. Replaced it and the two gauges now read identically to one another. So I'm a bit skeptical now of the sensors that come with these kits. I mean Holley does need to save cost in some areas to get this under the $1K mark. Does anyone have an O'Reilly Auto part number for a WBO2 sensor that will replace the one that comes with the Sniper EFI? Thank in advance. -Q

Sniper WBO2 Sensor: Holley #554-155.
    https://forums.holley.com/showthread...2927#post82927 (Related Forum Post)
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

I found this on another thread: ​Bosch 17025 Oxygen Sensor, but I do not think you can usually buy that locally.

Bryaneh, that's the Bosch part number in the forum post I linked above.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

Quote Originally Posted by bryaneh View Post
    I found this on another thread: ​Bosch 17025 Oxygen Sensor, but I do not think you can usually buy that locally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny Cabral View Post
    Bryaneh, that's the Bosch part number in the forum post I linked above.
    Just to update & add, the replacement Bosch 17025 WBO2 sensor is still working great.