Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Global File

http://forums.holley.com/showthread....ents-Read-This (Initial Checks & Adjustments - Read Step #1!)
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

So since I changed the setup to my 3.5 bar MAP, I won't have his problem, correct? It will reconfigure the Base Fuel Table accordingly? And as for the file you sent me, I don't see how to delete the one I screwed up and/or rewrite it with the unmolested one you sent me. One more question. I was hoping that once I selected that supercharged Global File, it would give me a Target A/F Table based on 11.5:1 at load. Do you have a close table to start with? I know what my full load target is, but not sure how to configure/smooth the chart from the bottom up.

Quote Originally Posted by HotRodLincoln View Post
    So since I changed the setup to my 3.5 bar MAP, I won't have his problem, correct? It will reconfigure the Base Fuel Table accordingly?
    Only if you're using the same bar MAP sensor as the base calibration.

And as for the file you sent me, I don't see how to delete the one I screwed up and/or rewrite it with the unmolested one you sent me.
    Just upload the new Global Folder, and it overwrites what's in the ECU.

One more question. I was hoping that once I selected that supercharged Global File, it would give me a Target A/F Table based on 11.5:1 at load. Do you have a close table to start with? I know what my full load target is, but not sure how to configure/smooth the chart from the bottom up.
    Ultimately, you're responsible for programming the Target A/F Ratio & Base Timing Tables. Look at other base calibrations as an example.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

I had problems scaling my AEM 3.5 bar MAP sensor. Make sure the 3.5 MAP sensor reading is exactly the same as the barometer with key-on, engine not running.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Cabral View Post
    I attached that HEFI base calibration to this post.
    OK, here's what I don't understand. You say to "Just upload the new Global Folder, and it overwrites what's in the ECU". But I didn't think I could work with the Global Folder once it's in the ECU. I thought I pick a Global Folder on my laptop, configure it correctly to my application and then download it to the ECU. Can I work with a Global Folder in the ECU? I don't see a supercharged small block base cal with a 3.5 bar MAP, and as you explained to me just specifying that I'm using one will not reconfigure the Base Fuel Tables. Is there a base calibration with a 3.5 bar MAP that you know of? I don't need a 3.5 bar MAP, but I wanted a MAP with a mechanical connection and not a clamped hose. One more. I have Deatsch Werks 78 lb/hr injectors, so I put "custom" in the fuel system and 78 lb/hr and high impedance in injector set 1. Do I need to change the Minimum Injector Opening Time and/or the Injector Off Time? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by HotRodLincoln View Post
    Can I work with a Global Folder in the ECU?
    Yes, when your laptop is "Online" with the ECU.

Laptop "Online" Communication With ECU:
    Next to the “Toolbox” button, is a button to indicate the status of ECU/laptop communications.
    This button can read any one of the following depending on communication status.
    Offline: Is shown when the ECU is not powered or the USB cable is not connected.
    USB Link: Is shown when the ECU is powered and USB connectivity is established.
    However, the user hasn't chosen to select the “Online” mode,
    and the Laptop & ECU are not communicating with each other.
    Changes made at this time on the laptop, are not being updated in the ECU.
    Online: Is shown when the Laptop & ECU are communicating.
    At this point, changes made with the laptop are real-time updated in the ECU.

Do I need to change the Minimum Injector Opening Time...
    No.

...and/or the Injector Off Time? Thanks.
    Yes, acquire the Injector Off Time curve for your injectors, or purchase Holley EFI injectors.

OK, so are there any supercharged small block base calibrations for a 3.5 bar MAP? Or what's my next move?

I think you'll need someone to help you: http://forums.holley.com/showthread....ents-Read-This (Initial Checks & Adjustments - Read Step #1!)

Holley Tech? I thought I got the plug & play Holley MAP sensor to avoid problems like this, LOL.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast