Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: High fuel pressure & dry return after fresh install.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Cabral View Post
    Not that many, since you keep asking.
    I wasn't looking for an answer since no one really has one. It was a rhetorical question, but even on this small forum I have seen 4 users with the issue? And I don't recall the directions requiring a fuel PSI check?

Quote Originally Posted by Zmann View Post
    And I don't recall the directions requiring a fuel PSI check?
    It is instructed to do so in every other Holley EFI system, except the Sniper EFI. Personally, I've never installed an EFI system without verifying fuel pressure.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

It'd be a good thing to put in the manual. Jimmy

Thanks Danny. IMHO that's because real car guys know that you just can't assume everything is fine, and that really applies to fuel psi, since it can have issues down the road as filters clog, or right off the bat.

I personally think there is something going on with the regulators or that inlet screen. And we will see a change but that's just my speculation.
    I agree Jimmy, it should be in the manual for guys who just follow directions and aren't familiar with the problems a regulated return can have.
    Last edited by Zmann; 04-27-2017 at 11:36 AM.

While I do not approve of the infighting in what should be a tech forum, I must confess I'm a bit surprised as well.

I chose the Sniper over the competing FiTech product because I wanted a reliable product with great support from a reputable brand like Holley. Living in Germany, even express shipping from the US takes three business days and sending a broken part back stateside will easily set me back $50 or more in shipping alone. To quote Sniper Quick Start manual, I wanted a system that's "100% tested for bolt on and go performance".

And while I appreciate the speed in which you, Danny, produced the parts number for a replacement regulator, it surprises me to find out that even though the fuel pressure problem seems to be a known issue you actively discouraged me from making a warranty claim. Now, I don't know in which relation to Holley you are (are you a volunteer admin? Paid part time? Full time support?), but with a known issue, I'd have expected an Email offering to send out a replacement part straight away. If not from your end, then from Holley's website support, which did not get back to me either.

As I spent 15 minutes on hold with phone support yesterday, I'll ask a friend stateside to call Holley in my name later today to avoid intercontinental call charges.

I really hope I have many miles of happy driving ahead of me using Holley products, but right now I'm a bit underwhelmed by the support.

Again, I don't want to sound ungrateful, you are doing a brilliant job answering lightning fast to most questions - and there probably will be a bunch more from me once the system works!
    But as this is a well-known issue (as it looks like) I would have expected a more service-oriented approach, instead of at least indirectly asking me to order a new fuel pressure regulator out of my own pocket.
    Last edited by Dr_Grip; 04-27-2017 at 11:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Grip View Post
    And while I appreciate the speed in which you, Danny, produced the parts number for a replacement regulator, it surprises me to find out that even though the fuel pressure problem seems to be a known issue you actively discouraged me from making a warranty claim.
    I did no such thing. You're always free to submit a warranty claim. I stated, "I agree. I wouldn't be reluctant to fix a fuel or mechanical problem."

But as this is a well-known issue (as it looks like) I would have expected a more service-oriented approach, instead of at least indirectly asking me to order a new fuel pressure regulator out of my own pocket.
    I never told you to purchase it. I stated, "I'd first inspect the fuel pressure regulator (LINK) to ensure it isn't clogged with debris." The link was just for information/identification purposes.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

Points taken, sorry. Did not mean to misrepresent what you said. Blame English not being my first language for my reading something in these statements that wasn't meant to be there. Doesn't change my point, though - as it's a known issue I'd have expected Holley to jump into this thread and offer a replacement part as soon as the thread popped up. A day has gone by, both of us have written half a dozen posts, where two e-mails (one from Holley stating that it's a know problem and one from me sending proof of purchase and a delivery address) would have solved everything.
    Last edited by Dr_Grip; 04-27-2017 at 12:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Grip View Post
    Doesn't change my point, though - as it's a known issue I'd have expected Holley to jump into this thread and offer a replacement part as soon as the thread popped up.
    I understand what your saying, but in that same link you posted, the Holley Tech also stated it's not a widespread problem. You have to contact Holley Tech Service (LINK) for warranty claims. This is only their internet tech forum. I hope they do a warranty replacement for you.

As I said, a friend from Texas will call them during his lunch break. I want to avoid international phone costs. I'll keep you in the loop.

If they're sending you a regulator, you'll need to provide proof of purchase. Via email, as a matter of fact, you may be able to do a claim via email with your special circumstances? That being said, even living stateside I was fine cutting my losses and going a different route for the regulator, and abandoning the internal regulator.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast