Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Spark blowing out on dyno?

Change the Ignition Type to "Custom". Then when you click on "Configure", you will see a checkbox labeled "Enable Dwell Table" in the Output Setup box where you select the coil type.
    -Scott
    Don't forget to check out progress on my Race Car:
    Project Blasphemy - 8.07 @ 171
    Low 8 Second Street Car

And then you can click "Edit Table" from there, or its own "Dwell Time" tab under System Parameters.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Thanks guys, for the fast response!
    Injector Inspector
    USAF 1960-1964
    Drag racing since 1955

Just asking, are you intercooled?

Quote Originally Posted by Lmt0705 View Post
    Whatever the stock gauge wiring is that came with the coil harness & main harness, I did not upgrade them yet.
    This is absolutely a problem when using the Holley Smart Coils. You MUST upgrade.
    Also as Scott mentioned, it is crucial that these grounds are not tied together and are separate.
    Pin C Must go to the Cylinder Head.
    Pin D Must go to the Battery Ground.
    I'm gapped at .018" with 30 psi, Q16. Just an FYI.
    Last edited by usmc363; 06-05-2017 at 08:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by usmc363 View Post
    This is absolutely a problem when using the Holley Smart Coils. You MUST upgrade.
    He did upgrade. I covered this in posts #30-#40.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

I'm having some similar issues as people were having in this thread so I figured id revive it. the last two years I've been having issues with the WBO2 banks being different from each other. (Usually .5-1 point off.) Last season ended in a ruined main bearing and a lot of broken parts. This year. I'm still having the same issues. From 2014-2016 I ran Dominator EFI with a 7531 and a distributor (everything worked perfect, WBO2s were exactly the same side to side). Since changing to the smart coils (spring 2016), I've been having nothing but trouble. Went to the dyno and we figured out I was losing spark on certain cylinders. In the last week, I went through all my wiring and figured out I had only one 14 gauge wire powering the coils. I bought the "high power 558-318 CNP sub-harness" and changed my power wires which now feed each side of the engine with a 8 gauge wire (plenty on power now). I haven't been back on the dyno yet, but I did a transbrake test and still noticed two of my cylinders on my EGTs were sporadic. Also want to mention that the EGTs seem to do the same thing on every datalog (drop down at certain RPM and then slowly make their way back up or stay down till I'm off the throttle). I'm not sure where to go from here. See attached screen shot below.

540 BBC, methanol, twin 94 mm turbos, Dominator, Billet Atomizer 700s, smart coils, plugs NGK #10, gap .018".
    Attachment 2571
    Last edited by TurboDodge; 09-24-2017 at 09:04 AM.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456