Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How much cam can the Sniper work with?

Default How much cam can the Sniper work with?

I've always heard that fuel injection requires a wider LSA cam than a carbureted car. My cam for my Gen III Hemi has a 108° LSA. Do I need to find another cam? What LSA does the Sniper need to work with my engine? Thanks to anyone who can help.

Quote Originally Posted by hudsonhornet7x View Post
    I've always heard that fuel injection requires a wider LSA cam than a carbureted car. My cam for my Gen III Hemi has a 108° LSA.
    It would be much more helpful if you also informed us of the camshaft's duration @ .050" lift specs. You'll most likely be manually (laptop) tuning the engine's idle & low RPM range. The EFI self-tuning/Learning isn't intended to idle with radical race/large camshafts. So this will also depend on your EFI tuning skill level using the Sniper EFI software (LINK).
    http://forums.holley.com/showthread....ension-Harness (Read 2nd paragraph under "Wideband O2 Sensor Notes".)
    http://forums.holley.com/showthread....e-Tuning-Notes (Holley EFI Idle Tuning Notes)
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

I just got my Sniper running with about 100 miles on it. It's running well on that engine (403), but my new engine (455) has a 108° LSA, so I'll see how it goes when I get it built & installed.

My camshaft has a 110° LSA, and I have no idle issues at all.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

439 ci, 233°/243° @ .050", 107° LSA, 9-10" vacuum @ 900 RPM, Sniper ECU controlled timing. Idles great, smoother and more consistent than it ever did with any carburetor.

Thank you gentlemen for the replies. I will try to put the cam card on here.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	13460728_10206911261004299_1179538068_o.jpg 
Views:	320 
Size:	92.0 KB 
ID:	2145
    Last edited by hudsonhornet7x; 04-22-2017 at 10:50 PM.

I will try to put the cam card on here.
    That camshaft won't give you any idle tuning problems.

Thank you for the response. I feel much better now about it! On another note, has the 8 injector Sniper unit been released?

On another note, has the 8 injector Sniper unit been released?
    No, it hasn't.

Hi. New to the forum here, and just found this topic while considering the Holley EFI. I have an E303 cam in my truck. Not sure if you're familiar with that particular cam or not. I can try to find the cam card if you need it. Same question though, will I be able to use this EFI system? I keep finding conflicting info. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast