Thread: Trying to update Terminator: 0587 please help.

Default Trying to update Terminator: 0587 please help.

Hey guys, finally getting around to trying to update my old Terminator to V4. When trying to sync to the ECU, the laptop gives me an error saying I have version V4 update 74 and it's not compatible with current system 0587, and try reconnecting with a compatible version. What have I done wrong? I can't get any info from the ECU and it won't sync, so how am I supposed to know what to do now?

Did you also update your laptop with the V4 Holley EFI software? The EFI (laptop) software, ECU firmware & touchscreen unit must all be V4 compatible (LINK).
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, Lentech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, custom traction bars, 4" lift, 35" mud tires

No, I just downloaded V4 to the laptop. The ECU is giving me code 0587 and no version. Is 0587 V2?

Quote Originally Posted by narmalee View Post
    No, I just downloaded V4 to the laptop. The ECU is giving me code 0587 and no version.
    That's the problem. You also need to update the ECU firmware to V4. Read post #2 again.
    http://forums.holley.com/showthread....5760#post45760 (EFI Software & ECU Firmware Versions)

Is 0587 V2?
    Yes, of course it is.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, Lentech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, custom traction bars, 4" lift, 35" mud tires

Well where the heck did it say that was version V2? Getting really irritated at Holley's lack of clarity with their product. No sense calling something a name that it isn't when you can simply call it what it is. I'm sick of these word games both with products and even in my line of work. Thank you very much Danny, at least I know what I need to do now.

Quote Originally Posted by narmalee View Post
    Well where the heck did it say that was version V2? Getting really irritated at Holley's lack of clarity with their product. No sense calling something a name that it isn't when you can simply call it what it is.
    It doesn't even matter which V2 or V3 version it is. If you're updating to V4, the laptop EFI software and the ECU firmware must both be updated to V4 (LINK).

The instructions (PDF file) & ECU firmware (.eep file, Firmware folder/Documents) are included in the
    V4 EFI software download. Go to your "Documents", "Holley" folder, "HEFI V4" folder, "Firmware" folder.
    http://documents.holley.com/techlibr...rmwarerev1.pdf (How To Update ECU Firmware)

Thank you very much Danny, at least I know what I need to do now.
    You're welcome.

OK ignore last post. From the time I typed that, went back down to the shop and tried it again, it started syncing again. Followed your directions and got it upgraded to V2 then to V4. Everything is working perfectly now, and best of all, I now have start retard! Woo, thanks ever so much Danny!!!

You're welcome. I'm glad it all worked out. You can save your Global File onto a USB flash drive or an SD card (LINK).
    I wouldn't save it in the Holley HEFI folder (in Documents) because the software update modifies that Holley HEFI
    folder. Save it on the Desktop screen or in your email. I always keep a recent copy of my Global File in my email (LINK).