Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SD Card Tuning versus Handheld Tuning...Problems, Issues, Advice, Tips?

I took a look at your file and it's not one anything in a street car will run off of. You have 32° of timing almost everywhere, and then 41° at 1400, and 50° above 1400. Here's a screen shot of the Base Timing Table I did today for the Super Victor intake swap I just finished. Take a look at what I've done for my combo and look at what yours looks like. Let me know what you think and I'll help you with the tuneup. It has a conservative timing curve and added timing at cruise. Not the best screen shot, hope it helps. Jimmy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sniper 1.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	101.1 KB 
ID:	2147  
    Last edited by Gadget; Yesterday at 07:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rel3rd View Post
    MSD TIMING CONTROL is my "known good" tune, originated from the handheld.
    MODIFIED GOOD TUNE is the one made from laptop, which will not run the car.
    Look at your Ignition/Magnetic "Filtering" ("Low" as opposed to "High") & "Inductive Delay" (140 usec as opposed to 160 usec).
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, Lentech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, custom traction bars, 4" lift, 35" mud tires