Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: High Fuel PSI

Danny, I ran it up a couple of times and the fuel pressure looks rock solid. The screen is acting like a jet and restricting the flow. You may want to have your R&D folks flow some and see what you get. My pump is rated at 88 GPH and the little filter won't flow it. Jimmy

Glad this is not my daily driver. I called Holley for the warranty regulator on the 19th, I still do not have it.

Pull the screen out and recheck your fuel pressure and see what it does. Let me know if it drops your pressure any. Jimmy

Can you guys help me clarify things? Having issues with the Sniper EFI, very high psi on the inlet side. I checked my return line and found this rubber bumper stuck in my union. I assumed it was the bumper from the regulator cover (from previous posts). So I proceeded to open the fuel regulator cover and the bumper was missing (obviously). Also, I'm very new to EFI, but shouldn't there be something inside this cavity? I took the pictures immediately after I opened the cover.
    Sorry for piggybacking on this tread, but I figured you guys can shed some light on this. Thank you. Alex
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1232.JPG 
Views:	98 
Size:	20.7 KB 
ID:	2153   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1241.JPG 
Views:	102 
Size:	30.2 KB 
ID:	2154   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1242.JPG 
Views:	99 
Size:	33.4 KB 
ID:	2155  

Contact Holley Tech Service (LINK) for a warranty replacement fuel pressure regulator. They'll give you installation instructions.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

Same high pressure here. Pulled the regulator and removed the screen. Dropped from 90 psi key-on/engine-off to 70 psi running, but bleeds off instantly & flutters. I think the regulator got distorted from pulling it out. Either way, it's not working correctly. I'm running an Aeromotive 340 in-tank pump. Should I just bite the bullet and buy an external that can handle the extra, or try a new stock from Holley? Of course, it's after hours, so I have to wait to call tomorrow. I'm planning on a ProCharger after everything gets going that would take me to around 600 HP. Engine makes 460 HP currently. That's why I went with the bigger pump.

I have the same in-tank pump and had problems with the screen on the regulator not flowing enough fuel driving up the pressure. It's only about 8 gallons an hour bigger than the kit pump. If you plan to go boosted then the external regulator would be a plus I would think. Jimmy

Quote Originally Posted by Gadget View Post
    I have the same in-tank pump and had problems with the screen on the regulator not flowing enough fuel driving up the pressure.
    From Aeromotive (FAQs - EFI Fuel Pressure Regulators): "Be careful using a factory OEM style filter-regulator, like those used in the Corvette, if your fuel pump flows more than 250 LPH. The stock part is unable to handle the excess flow provided by high flow Aeromotive fuel pumps, causing false high pressure and reduced fuel pump service life. For high performance applications, most prefer to replace the stock “returnless” fuel rail with an Aeromotive Billet Fuel Rail."
    Danny Cabral: Yes, the Sniper EFI fuel pressure regulator is the same type of OEM fuel pressure regulator. It's too small to support the high flow volume of an high output fuel pump.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

I think there's two problems here, sometimes overlapping: Units shipped with broken regulators (aka "dry return"), and too high an input fuel pressure. Some people like Zmann & I got broken regulators, 69RSClone probably has a too large pump overwhelming the regulator, Gadget seems to have both.

Just checked my fuel pressure, with key-on it jumps to about 80 psi, then after the pump cycles it drops to about 58, but with the car running, I'm over 100. So I checked my return and it's flowing. I'm using the Sniper tank with the Walbro pump (255 I believe). I wonder if the high pressure is contributing to my clicking noise, any thoughts?