Thread: NOS WOT 15982NOS Help

Question NOS WOT 15982NOS Help

Hi, could you help me? I put the (15982NOS) TPS to green wire from the throttle body, the wire to Tach to blue/white. I'm not getting the RPM correctly at WOT. Am I wrong at some point? I have a 2011 Camaro.

Quote Originally Posted by PFL View Post
    Hi, could you help me? I put the (15982NOS) TPS to green wire from the throttle body, the wire to Tach to blue/white. I'm not getting the RPM correctly at WOT. Am I wrong at some point? I have a 2011 Camaro.
    Are you running this with FACTORY ECU and wiring?
    Or are you using this with another system controlling the engine?

For factory wiring, Use the TPS2 Wire at the ECU, and set the NOS Unit to "Falling Throttle Position".
    If using some other system, likely the Signal Wire is Green, and you would leave it as the default "Rising Throttle Position", the WOT voltage may need to be adjusted slightly depending on the sensor being used.

Then you will need to take the RPM Wire (TAN) to any ignition coil and set the unit to "00" rpm setting for coil per plug.
    If you are using it with an aftermarket system, you use the CD Ignition output wire or tach wire of the system, and you will set it to "08" for the RPM Setting (8 Cylinder engine).

One side note, most of the GM Vehicles that have a tach output signal from the ECU are using a 4 Cylinder signal, so you would need to set it to "04" for the RPM setting in that case".
    Last edited by Danny Cabral; 04-02-2017 at 03:58 PM.
    -Scott
    Don't forget to check out progress on my Race Car:
    Project Blasphemy - 8.07 @ 171
    Low 8 Second Street Car

Thanks a lot for the help. I have now identified the TPS signal perfectly. The only problem I'm encountering is finding the Tach signal. I connected to a left side of the coil's harness, the wire tach, plus the RPM readings are totally incorrect & low. The wire ties are completely correct. I'm finding great difficulty in this signal tach. I was told to buy an adapter tach. But I do not think it would be necessary. Yes, I'm using original ECU & wiring.

I've used that particular unit on many cars, some of them being 2010+ Camaros. All of them work fine when you wire it correctly.

If it's the Factory ECU, likely you just have the wrong wire for the coils or the wrong setting on the NOS Unit.
    Make sure you are on the Signal Wire of any coil on the car.

On the 80 Pin Connector on the factory ECU:
    70 PU IC 1 Control
    71 PU/WH IC 8 Control
    72 OG IC 7 Control
    73 OG/WH IC 2 Control
    74 BU/WH IC 6 Control
    75 D-GN IC 5 Control
    76 D-GN/WH IC 4 Control
    77 L-BU IC 3 Control
    Last edited by S2H; 04-02-2017 at 04:04 PM.
    -Scott
    Don't forget to check out progress on my Race Car:
    Project Blasphemy - 8.07 @ 171
    Low 8 Second Street Car

My friend, thank you very much. I followed your advice, and put the number of cylinders to 00. I found the RPM correctly.