Thread: Powershot Rebuild Kit

Default Powershot Rebuild Kit

When I search for a Powershot Nitrous solenoid (160020) rebuild kit, I see the parts I need displayed in Google as part number 18021. I took a shot and ordered the 18021 kit, and it is in fact the parts which are displayed on the vendor site. When I took apart my noid it looks like I need the parts which are displayed in the first picture. I also tried the parts from the new kit, but the plunger from the new kit is too long. Now what?

But when I go to the vendor site and view the parts for part number 18021 the parts look different.

Looks like NOS did a upgrade on the Powershot. I generally go to eBay when this happens, because the pictures on eBay are generally what you get. You're best off just getting a whole new solenoid. P.S. On ebay that kit you bought is only $25.00, and Jegs add on eBay has pictures of both rebuild kits.

Most, if not all the NOS solenoids were updated a few years ago.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

The older plates for the Edelbrock/Carter AFBs were changed to. I like the older ones.

Just checked eBay, and still no dice for the older kit to rebuild the nitrous noid. The links that show up are the old kit, are really still the new kit? Does anyone have a link to the older kits?
    FYI: I have the same problem for a cheater nitrous noid too! The new kits have a faster plunger, the older one is a little skinnier. Basically I need the Parker kit not the Peter/Paul.

COOL!!! I just found the two rebuild kits I need on eBay