Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: CAN/USB Dongle connector availability?

New ETA: 5/18/2017
    Chris Myer
    800-880-0960 x654
    chris@EFISystemPro.com

Check our www.EFISystemPro.com website for live stock status on
    all Holley items, including the full line of Holley HyperSpark Distributors!

Thanks Chris. These Holley floating ETAs are less than inspiring.

Quote Originally Posted by cmyer View Post
    New ETA: 5/18/2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmann View Post
    Thanks Chris. These Holley floating ETAs are less than inspiring.
    I agree 100%. Thanks for the update Chris.

I lost over a month of warranty by purchasing my Holley Sniper when it was shown as in stock, but wasn't. I'm sure if I had to I could prove arrival date vs invoice date, hopefully it doesn't come down to that. I purchased the Dongle a few weeks ago. Shown as not in stock, but shipping soon, so if a month goes by I'll be in the same boat with this part.

Thanks for the update.

I must confess that I think it's a bit irresponsible that third-party sites let you pre-order the dongle when it's not even in Holley's shop yet.

I don't mind the pre-order option and the full disclosure that it will ship when available. (Now if it states available it better ship ASAP.) I would prefer my invoice date be from the date shipped and not the date I pre-ordered.

New ETA: 5/25/2017

I can certainly appreciate the apprehension about things like warranty dates versus invoice dates, but it is unfounded. I've never called Holley with a potential warranty issue and they even ask when the part is purchased.

True story: A buddy of mine put a brand new Holley carburetor on his circle-track race car, ran it 2 or 3 times, and then parked it. Several issues kept him from racing over the next three years. Then he builds a new street vehicle, realizes he needs a carburetor, and remembers that he has one on the circle track car. Goes to remove it and the carburetor literally falls apart in his hands; some sort of metallurgy problem they had with a batch many years ago.

So he calls Holley and tells them the whole story. No problem, we know we had a problem with carburetors back then, we'll send you a new one. Not "Send us your invoice", not "who did you buy it from?", just a new carburetor in the mail.

I get as frustrated as anyone with some of the delays Holley has had in hitting their ETAs. But the one thing I know is that they always do he right thing when it comes to standing behind their product. So don't worry about any delta between the invoice & delivery date. I can't promise they will send you a new Sniper 3 years later, but I can tell you that the 30 or 60 day difference between invoice & delivery isn't going to even be noticed.
    Chris Myer
    800-880-0960 x654
    chris@EFISystemPro.com

Check our www.EFISystemPro.com website for live stock status on
    all Holley items, including the full line of Holley HyperSpark Distributors!

I do know Holley and companies typically step up, but just an FYI: I was required to provide my proof of purchase on my Sniper already, despite the fact I registered the unit online.

Quote Originally Posted by cmyer View Post
    New ETA: 5/25/2017
    Crossing fingers.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast