Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Transbrake Wiring

Great, thank you. I did it like that last night, and as I expected, works perfect.
    Just wanted the opinion from someone that has been doing this for years.
    Maybe there would've been a (unknown to me) reason not to do it that way.
    Thanks again, Steve

I originally hooked up both my transbrake & line lock like the diagram in Savage's posts. I immediately had the kickback issue on both solenoids. I found these at Summit Racing the next day, and everything seems to be working like a charm: https://www.summitracing.com/parts/lpe-l450080000. I’d hate to damage my ECU like others who didn’t know in the past. Thanks guys.

OK, I thought I had this down pack on my Holley HP ECU & solved, but I don'. After going to the track I quickly found out that although the diodes have eliminated the solenoids from activating when I turn power on & off to the car, my Rev Limiter #1 transbrake & Rev Limiter #2 line lock will not activate, although both solenoids work. I verified both solenoids work.

I installed my diode as shown in the diagram, which is in line with the trigger wiring. I thought maybe I got the anode & cathode backwards, so I reversed them and still have the same issue. No rev limiters, but the transbrake & solenoid both work fine. I read the instructions that came with my TVS diodes (picture posted below) and it shows the diodes being installed across the solenoids; could this be the issue?

What can be going on? Pictures of my Pin Map are below, and I've verified my wiring is just like the diagram Savage posted. I appreciate any help. Thank you in advance.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3781.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	75.5 KB 
ID:	2972 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3780.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	99.8 KB 
ID:	2973 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TRANS BRAKE WIRING.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	52.2 KB 
ID:	2974 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-03-26 at 6.23.15 PM.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	27.0 KB 
ID:	2975

Can I get a little help in here please?

I don't know what's wrong, so you'll have to contact Holley Tech Service (LINK).
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

Quote Originally Posted by Savage View Post
    Thank you both Danny & S2H. Insider tip, buy stock in Tylenol today. That post got my head pounding. LOL!

I guess I don't know the difference between a driver and a relay.
    I'm using the 554-111 "driver" as/like a relay.
    So, as stated above from Holley in simple English, relay your relay
    Based off of what Danny posted, the diagram by S2H would give me the same results as I have now.
    Sending ground to driver when you kill the car???

How about I diode my rev limiter input.
    See below. Any reason this is a bad idea?
    I can't think of a reason but, wanted a second opinion.
    Sorry you have to deal with a dummy. Thank you.

Attachment 2088
    Danny after re-reading this entire thread and based on this post, should my Input go to an Output?