Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 57

Thread: Clarity on 24x/1x sensors with a Holley Dominator.

  1. #11

    Default

    When cranking, the RPM is around 100-150 and there's an occasional Error that flashes while cranking. It kind of flashes intermittently when the RPM drops too low I believe. Also, this is a N/A engine that's about to be broken in. The owner has put 160 lb/hr Holley injectors in it, and refuses to replace them with something smaller.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    23,082

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rlacasse1 View Post
    When cranking, the RPM is around 100-150 and there's an occasional Error that flashes while cranking. It kind of flashes intermittently when the RPM drops too low I believe.
    RPM Errors are never good. You may want to review a System Log of these RPM Errors.
    http://documents.holley.com/techlibr...9r10543rev.pdf (Holley EFI Datalogger Instructions)
    https://forums.holley.com/showthread...s-amp-Datalogs (Datalog & System Log Information - Read "NOTES")
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqHO...C6FEA0BB99AF17 (How To Record & Email A Datalog)

    Also, this is a N/A engine that's about to be broken in. The owner has put 160 lb/hr Holley injectors in it, and refuses to replace them with something smaller.
    The fuel injectors shouldn't be a problem. Which MAP sensor is installed, and which base calibration did you use to create your Global File?
    http://forums.holley.com/showthread....ents-Read-This (Initial Checks & Adjustments - Read Step #1!)
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

  3. #13

    Default

    So tomorrow I will be starting from square one with trying to set the tune up. It currently has a tune on it that it started and would barely idle on. A lot of throttle input/variation was required to keep it running just enough to move around. However, that was happening while the car had 20 psi base fuel pressure and vacuum leaks that were pretty substantial (brake booster line, for example). I'm actually not sure what Global File was the original for the car. I was looking at the base calibrations/Global Files, and none of them seemed to closely match this particular engine.

    As far as the MAP, the owner says the MAP is a 3 bar MAP off a Corvette ZR1. I'll focus on setting up a tune tomorrow for the car using one of the base calibrations. Which base calibration would you suggest based on the following: 402 LS2 with LS3 heads. Not sure on the camshaft, I saw Holley recommends selecting "Stock" cam if exact info is unknown. 24x/1x crank/cam sensors, 3 bar MAP (ZR1 sensor).

    Also, when looking at the fuel pressure requirements for the 160 lb/hr injectors, there are three different pressures supplied by Holley. Why? There is 43 PSI, 60 PSI, and I believe 75 PSI. All for the same injectors. I assumed I should be running 43 PSI as this is a N/A engine until it's broken in and the fuel requirements are not extremely high at this point.
    Last edited by rlacasse1; 06-17-2017 at 03:54 PM.

  4. #14

    Default

    I attempted to upload the tune I prepped for the car, but can't, however, here are the basics:
    1. 480HP LS2 base calibration (provided by Holley).
    2. Adjusted displacement from 350 cid to 402 cid.
    3. Changed Fuel System Type to 160 lb/hr Holley 522-168, all other fuel data in the Engine Parameters automatically adjusted. However, I changed
    the Minimum Injector Opening Time to 0.00 msec. This was based on Holley's recommendation to the owner to be 0 to compensate for the massive injectors.
    4. MAP sensor was changed to GM PN 12592525 3 bar. After selecting this MAP, I did not allow the ECU to automatically update associated scales/tables.
    Based on reading other threads (this being one of them: https://forums.holley.com/showthread...g-active/page3).
    I'm under the impression this is OK as long as the Base Fuel Table's MAP scale is in the 10-105 kPa range. The table is currently 0-105 kPa.
    Additionally, I understand this will basically use the 3-bar MAP sensor on the car as a 1-bar MAP, which is much better suited for a N/A engine.
    5. Changed the WBO2 sensor type to NTK.
    6. Changed the oil pressure sensor to Chrysler. This is based on the previous tune which had this sensor type selected.
    7. Changed the IAC motor to GM LSx.
    Those are the only adjustments I made to the tune. In the mean time, I'll see if there's a way I can upload this file.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    23,082

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rlacasse1 View Post
    Also, when looking at the fuel pressure requirements for the 160 lb/hr injectors, there are three different pressures supplied by Holley. Why? There is 43 PSI, 60 PSI, and I believe 75 PSI. All for the same injectors. I assumed I should be running 43 PSI as this is a N/A engine until it's broken in and the fuel requirements are not extremely high at this point.
    You simply select the Injector Off Time table for the fuel pressure you're using.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

  6. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Danny Cabral View Post
    You simply select the Injector Off Time table for the fuel pressure you're using.
    When I selected the 160 lbs/hr injectors, the table automatically adjusted as did the fuel pressure. I assume this is correct?

    Another issue I'm sorting through is the MAP, which is a 3-bar LS9 MAP. My understanding is this should plug directly into the LS2
    Holley harness with no modifications. However, someone has built a jumper harness to switch the pins, so I'm sorting that as well.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    23,082

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rlacasse1 View Post
    When I selected the 160 lbs/hr injectors, the table automatically adjusted as did the fuel pressure. I assume this is correct?
    You tell me. Don't assume, verify it with this link: http://documents.holley.com/techlibr...owdatarev2.pdf (Holley EFI Injector Off Time Data)

    Another issue I'm sorting through is the MAP, which is a 3-bar LS9 MAP. My understanding is this should plug directly into the LS2
    Holley harness with no modifications. However, someone has built a jumper harness to switch the pins, so I'm sorting that as well.
    Look & compare the LSx wiring schematics in Section 13, Wiring Appendix:
    http://documents.holley.com/techlibr...10555rev17.pdf (Holley EFI Wiring Manual - Section 13, Wiring Appendix)
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

  8. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Danny Cabral View Post
    You tell me. Don't assume, verify it with this link: http://documents.holley.com/techlibr...owdatarev2.pdf (Holley EFI Injector Off Time Data)
    Yes, the values are correct per that document. I had referenced that as well as having watched them change in the software.

    Look & compare the LSx wiring schematics in Section 13, Wiring Appendix:
    http://documents.holley.com/techlibr...10555rev17.pdf (Holley EFI Wiring Manual - Section 13, Wiring Appendix)
    As far as the LSx diagrams, the MAP circuits on the LS1 & LS2 diagrams are identical. I've confirmed that all pins are correct for all sensors, the LS2 harness in the car has been modified to match the most recent diagram I posted.
    The issue I'm trying to track down is if the LS9 MAP (PN 0261230185, which is the 1259252 sensor in the Holley EFI software) is pinned the same way as an LS2 sensor would be.
    The jumper harness in the car is as follows:
    A becomes 2
    B becomes 3
    C becomes 1
    I don't see how this is correct. So I've been trying to track down some info on the LS9 3-Bar MAP.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    23,082

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rlacasse1 View Post
    Yes, the values are correct per that document. I had referenced that as well as having watched them change in the software.
    Then it's not an issue.

    The issue I'm trying to track down is if the LS9 MAP (PN 0261230185, which is the 1259252 sensor in the Holley EFI software) is pinned the same way as an LS2 sensor would be.
    Key-on/engine-off, does the 3 bar MAP sensor indicate a legitimate value? 95-105 kPa (near sea level)? If so, it's wired correctly. If not, it's wired wrong.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

  10. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Danny Cabral View Post
    Key-on/engine-off, does the 3 bar MAP sensor indicate a legitimate value? 95-105 kPa (near sea level)? If so, it's wired correctly. If not, it's wired wrong.
    Yes it does, it shows 101 kPa, which when seeing that earlier I recognized it was a valid reading for the engine being off. However, what I wasn't sure on, is if it could potentially return that as an anomaly despite being wired correctly. However, I'll go with it being correct now that you say that. Did the info I provided in post #14 seem to be correct, especially the portion about the MAP?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Holley has been the undisputed leader in fuel systems for over 100 years. Holley carburetors have powered every NASCAR® Sprint® Cup team and nearly every NHRA® Pro–Stock champion for four decades. Now, Holley EFI is dominating the performance world as well as our products for GM's LS engine. Holley's products also include performance fuel pumps, intake manifolds & engine dress–up products for street performance, race and marine applications. As a single solution, or partnered with products from other Holley companies - Hooker Headers, Flowtech Headers, NOS Nitrous, Weiand, Earl's Performance Plumbing, or Diablosport - Holley products can give you the edge you need over the competition.
Join us