Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Sniper loud whistle/hiss normal?

Anyone have any luck with reducing the noise? It only does it when I'm cruising and I go to stab the throttle, similar to yours Brian. Just out of interest, do you run a return line from the regulator on the throttle body or did you block it off? I blocked mine off because I'm running a Corvette filter regulator at 58 psi.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussiemadonmopars View Post
    Anyone have any luck with reducing the noise? It only does it when I'm cruising and I go to stab the throttle, similar to yours Brian. Just out of interest, do you run a return line from the regulator on the throttle body or did you block it off? I blocked mine off because I'm running a Corvette filter regulator at 58 psi.
    It's an IAC noise, try to experiment with the IAC Park Position first & foremost.

I don't think it's an IAC problem, because the IAC is at 0% when it's happening.

Some users of the Sniper EFI have reported that using a 4-hole spacer or thick gasket (at least a .25" thick), has helped with the noise that's sometime present at different throttle blade angles. The spacer or gasket must be a 4-hole, an open bore gasket does not seem to help. Here's a Mr. Gasket thicker gasket:
    https://www.holley.com/products/gask...kets/parts/758

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Some users of the Sniper EFI have reported that using a 4-hole spacer or thick gasket (at least a .25" thick), has helped with the noise that's sometime present at different throttle blade angles. The spacer or gasket must be a 4-hole, an open bore gasket does not seem to help. Here's a Mr. Gasket thicker gasket:
    https://www.holley.com/products/gask...kets/parts/758
    I can confirm! I'm running an old Holley Street Dominator on my 390. This manifold opens with a square bore, so I initially used a 1" square bore spacer with the Sniper. I was so disappointed to hear that hiss when I took the truck out for a spin. Swapped it for the for a 1" four barrel style and the hiss whistle is gone! I did not notice any performance decrease either. This is the kit, bought it years ago. Cheap, but perfect for testing different configurations. Thanks for the pointer!
    https://www.spectreperformance.com/c...apters-spacers
    Last edited by JVP; 08-03-2017 at 08:46 PM.

6. Default

That great info, thanks for confirming there is a fix! I'm going to try the 1/4" gasket and see how that affects it, and I'll report back.

I got my car dynoed the other day and the tuner there said it's a normal sound. When the injectors spray into a manifold with air rushing past, yada, yada, yada. Yeah OK, if I get a decent spacer, it might fix the noise. I don't think I have enough bonnet clearance for a 1" spacer. Brian, let me know if your trick works out.

I think your dyno guy is referring to the Sniper injector noise, not the Sniper IAC noise discussed in this thread. The throttle body spacer should alleviate the IAC noise, but probably not the injector noise.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

Well, I've seen the noise that Brian is talking about and I get the same noise; it's not an IAC noise.

Well, this thread is in reference to the IAC noise.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires