Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 1st Dragstrip runs of 2017, going VERY LEAN at WOT.

Quote Originally Posted by rel3rd View Post
    I guess that will be in some sort of future software update, maybe?
    Yes, grayed out parameters mean it's either an option dependent on another parameter, or a future update.

So, I'll probably just get a female to male -6 fuel pressure adapter.
    Like this: http://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS-Performan...00526/10002/-1
    Yeah, that's the most common way. That fitting is also available in black (LINK) if you care.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Cabral View Post
    Yes, grayed out parameters mean it's either an option dependent on another parameter, or a future update.
    Good to know. Thanks.

Which way would you guys have installed this FUEL FILTER? It was leftover from my old FiTech setup, and the diagram is theirs, from their installation manual.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ff1 (800x448).jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	58.0 KB 
ID:	2078

So, using their diagram, would think you'd need to use SIDE A or SIDE B as the INLET?

Name:	ff2 (800x450).jpg 
Size:	34.2 KB 
ID:	2079

NOT A TRICK QUESTION, BUT IF THE DIRECTIONS ARE LONG GONE, AND YOU ONLY HAVE
    THE FILTER AND IT SAYS THIS...IT SORTA OF MAKES SENSE WHY MY CAR IS LEAN:

Name:	ff3 (800x450).jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	39.1 KB 
ID:	2080Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ff4 (800x450).jpg 
Size:	37.0 KB 
ID:	2081
    Last edited by rel3rd; 03-27-2017 at 10:46 AM.

According to their plumbing diagram, "Side A" is the inlet. However internally, the fuel should flow from the outside of the cone filter, to the inside (like an oil filter). I wouldn't use that type of (stone) filter anyway.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

It's gone now...the last FiTech headache inducing item off of the car!
    I'm still going to swap in an Aeromotive 340 LPH pump, since the one in there now has been noisy from Day 1.

Quote Originally Posted by rel3rd View Post
    It's gone now...the last FiTech headache inducing item off of the car!
    LOL! That's funny. You've been through the ringer with all this EFI stuff.

LOL! That's funny. You've been through the ringer with all this EFI stuff.
    Yes, I have...and can't quit now.

I thought I had the better Russel filter on the car. Instead, it was in my toolbox at work. You know, because that's where you keep the best parts, so you can keep the junk on the car, LOL. The Russel filter has stainless steel mesh, and supposedly flows enough to support 1000 HP. I doubt that, but if it'll support 50% of that, I'm good to go.

According to their plumbing diagram, "Side A" is the inlet. However internally, the fuel should flow from the outside of the cone filter, to the inside (like an oil filter). I wouldn't use that type of (stone) filter anyway.
    Actually, fuel goes inside the bronze filter. Then when it gets plugged, fuel psi will push the filter in, and fuel will go around it.

Thanks. Yes, I see that now (like some carburetor fuel filters). I still don't like it, it's not a good style filter for a circulation type fuel system (EFI).

It's not the greatest filter, but it works well in countries were replacement filters are hard to come by. Like Cuba.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast