X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dgmford
    • Mar 2017

Street Avenger 670

I have a Street Avenger 670 less than a year old with an electric choke. I've been chasing down a fast idle issue for months, and over this past weekend finally figure out the problem, but unsure on how to resolve. After I start the truck (1955 F100 with an 1986 Ford 351W), the engine idles up (fast idle), which is expected. I can kick the pedal and the truck will idle around 1000 RPM, but will go no lower, curb idle screw all the way backed off. If I push down the choke cam the truck will idle at around 600 RPM, which is perfect and idles very smooth. The second I press the gas pedal the engine idles back up to 1000 RPM, and will not idle back down unless I push down the choke cam again. Any suggestions on how to get around this problem?
  • BITE_ME
    • Feb 2015

Adjust the electric choke by rotating its housing. If that doesn't give you the results you desire, then you might have to bend the linkage rods.
    On behalf of every manufacturer, delivery drivers, supply chain representatives, and workers of the world, "We're Sorry."

Comment

Working...
    X