Thread: Sniper EFI on mild boost?

Default Sniper EFI on mild boost?

So now that the PC software is out, is it possible to setup a Sniper EFI to run on a mild (8 PSI) SBC? I've been waiting for the EFI software, now that it's out can it be done? If I want to run more boost what 3 bar sensor would be needed (or is there one?). I want to order the Holley today if this can be done.

Engine is SBC ZZ385 GM performance crate engine. Currently running Quick Fuel carburetor and about 550 HP with the boost.

Quote Originally Posted by Kstatz View Post
    So now that the PC software is out, is it possible to setup a Sniper EFI to run on a mild (8 PSI) SBC? I've been waiting for the EFI software, now that it's out can it be done?
    Yes, if you know what you're doing - EFI tuning of a forced induction engine (Boost Setup, Base Fuel & Base Timing tables, etc.). The Sniper EFI has a 2 bar MAP sensor (internal with the ECU).
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Well, I do not know what I'm doing, LOL. That said, I have two buddies who talked me into going this route. They both have Holley EFI boosted setups, but the much more expensive HP controlled stuff. That puts it out of my current budget. They're also both pushing twice the HP I'm looking for. They will be helping me tune it. I'm actually more comfortable with looking at datalogs & tuning via laptop, than I am by rejetting a carb based on AFR numbers on my wideband. I'm a computer programmer by trade. ;-)

I have an MSD 8762 Boost Master Timing Control. I have a manual boost controller I want to add (8 PSI springs in turbos). I also have an Innovate Wideband installed and WBO2 bungs on both sides. So I only need the Sniper to handle Fuel, no timing yet.
    Last edited by Kstatz; 03-15-2017 at 10:56 AM.

Since they have Holley EFI experience with boosted engines, you should be in good hands. The Sniper EFI software is very similar to the Holley HP/Dominator EFI software.
    http://documents.holley.com/techlibrary_199r11259.pdf (Holley Sniper EFI Software Help File)
    https://www.holley.com/support/resou...Fuel_Injection (Holley Sniper EFI Software Download)
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Sniper EFI ordered. I plan on putting TB EFI on my NYer. If I feel like I'm running out of fuel on the Skylark, I'll go with the 1200 HP version that's supposed to be out April or a different EFI.