Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Can the Learn temp be lowered?

Is the Coolant Temperature Enrichment % & A/F Ratio Offset tables at 100% & zero, from 140°F on?
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

Yes. Just had the SD card in the computer to double check.

Go and raise your Learned Compensation Limits to 130% and it will start Learning at a lower temp.

OK, I'll try that. Can that be done on the handheld or in the EFI software?

Handheld, under Advanced Tuning. I had to change mine due to the location of my sensor.

Quote Originally Posted by Tspears View Post
    Go and raise your Learned Compensation Limits to 130% and it will start Learning at a lower temp.
    The Learned Compensation Limits % don't determine when the ECU starts Learning. It's how much % the Learn Table can modify the Base Fuel Table.
    http://documents.holley.com/techlibrary_199r11259.pdf (Sniper EFI Instruction Manual - "Learned Compensation Limits %", Pages 8 & 9)

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

While playing with the A/F enrichment table, I noticed it can be 0.0 or -0.0. Does that have anything to do with anything? I'm at 0.0 entering Learn at 160°F still.

Quote Originally Posted by 66ss View Post
    ...I noticed it can be 0.0 or -0.0. Does that have anything to do with anything?
    It doesn't on every other Holley EFI system, so I doubt it.

So I started the car in the garage and let it get to 140°, and on the handheld it shows the coolant enrichment is 100.2. I have it set in the software to 100.0. Now from what I gather from Danny's knowledgeable posts, it needs to be 100 to enter Learn. I would think 100.2 would keep it out of Learn, but why doesn't it match what's set in the handheld?

So I spoke to a Holley tech today and they told me the Learn temp can not be lowered from 160°. Although what Danny told me is correct in the EFI software, the tech told me the computer won't move off the 160° Learn.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast