Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Can the Learn temp be lowered?

Default Can the Learn temp be lowered?

Hey guys. My car has a 160° thermostat in it. The system doesn't Learn until 160° & up. I guess I can up my thermostat, but I was wondering if the Learn temp can be lowered?

Yes, it can be setup any way you need it to be.

Closed Loop & Learning happens at all RPM, provided the Closed Loop/Learn Parameters are programmed as such.
    The Coolant Temperature Enrichment % & A/F Ratio Offset tables must be at 100% & zero to enter Learn mode.
    You'll need to reconfigure these tables if you're running the engine colder than what the base calibration specifies.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

A/F Ratio Offset table, where I find that?

In the Sniper EFI software (LINK), the Coolant Temperature Enrichment % & A/F Ratio Offset tables are in the "Temperature Enrichment" screen (under the "Fuel" icon).

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

So I need to do this on the computer? No way to do it on the handheld?

Did you look for it? I don't have the Sniper EFI.

I don't see it as you mentioned it. I do see in the "Closed Loop Learn" > "Closed Loop" > "Min CTS Enabled". It's disabled from the factory. If you enable it, it lets you set a temperature.

I believe the Coolant Temperature Enrichment you want to adjust is on the handheld as follows:
    Tuning : Advanced : Adv. Fuel : Coolant Enrichment. However, I do not believe that the A/F Ratio Offset is on the handheld. Maybe I'm overlooking it? However, it is by default zero at & above 140°F, so maybe that works for you?
    Chris Myer
    800-880-0960 x654
    chris@EFISystemPro.com

Check our website for live stock status on all Holley items!
    www.EFISystemPro.com, including a the
    full line of Holley HyperSpark Distributors!

So I wanted to enter Learn mode at 140°F. I lowered my "Coolant Temp Enrichment" to 100°F, down from the factory set 103°F. The "A/F Ratio Offset" was factory set at 0.0, so I left that. It still won't enter Learn mode until 160°F. Thoughts?