Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Accelerator Pedal Very Touchy

Here's what I've found. The carb arm posted above will not fit. The Sniper arm has an offset that the arm does not have a bend to match. Also, the Sniper has a place for a 700R4 TV cable, and the arm and bolt to go in it would interfere with the TV cable. Adding an extension to the arm does make a world of improvement in the feel & response. It is much easier to roll into the throttle and control the speed at cruise with the added length. A Sniper only arm is needed as an optional part. Mine uses a roll pin as a locator in the hole already in the arm to prevent rotation and is small & compact. Jimmy

Quote Originally Posted by Gadget View Post
    Here's what I've found. The carb arm posted above will not fit. The Sniper arm has an offset that the arm does not have a bend to match.
    A simple spacer should rectify the offset issue.

Also, the Sniper has a place for a 700R4 TV cable, and the arm and bolt to go in it would interfere with the TV cable.
    Correct, it may not work for every application. A custom fabricated throttle lever extension can be made, utilizing that 700R4 hole.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

Yes, a simple spacer can be made, but if you need the hole for kickdown that becomes a problem with the cable adapter lengths. That's why I suggested a simple bracket that just secures to the top of the arm would be a good optional part to simplify the use of the Sniper and not have to complicate the install. Many folks need the option to be able to just bolt a pre-fitted part on & go with it because they don't have the option to make custom parts. Jimmy

4. Default

Agreed! The entire kit was good quality & very complete. It would be a nice touch if they'd just throw a little steel extension in the box. Wouldn't cost much and would bring up the satisfaction level a notch or two :-) B.

I use the Demon carb extender on my Terminator: https://www.summitracing.com/int/parts/dem-1952. Looking at the pics, I think the Sniper is the same linkage.

It would be an option and would need to be looked at to see if it would clear the linkage hole for the 700R4. Jimmy

Has anyone found a proven solution for this that can be purchased? I know the Holley 20-14 has been mentioned, but has someone actually used it with the spacer needed? Has someone actually used the Demon carb extender mentioned on the Sniper? I'm having this same touchy throttle issue, and want to resolve it, but don't have the tools to make a part from scratch. I can do some minor modifying to a purchased part if necessary. Also, I'm using throttle linkage and not a cable. Thanks!

I have the Demon arm on order; should have it by the weekend. I'll let you know how it works out.

That would be great. Thanks.

The arm fits GREAT! Bolts right on and matches the bends perfectly. Problem solved!