Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Accelerator Pedal Very Touchy

Default Accelerator Pedal Very Touchy

So everything seems to be working well, but the gas pedal is super touchy off idle. Thoughts? I searched for about 20 minutes, but couldn't get the right answer. Thanks.

You can add the throttle lever extension to change the throttle linkage/lever geometry. Try the Holley 20-14 Carburetor Throttle Lever Extension.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

Thanks Danny.

You're welcome. A slightly longer throttle lever (extension), slows the "feel" by increasing the travel arc (geometry).

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

Hmm, wish I would have known about the Holley extension. I built my own, not quite as pretty, but works well.

Holley's TBIs used to include a throttle lever extension:
    http://documents.holley.com/199r10552rev.pdf (Holley Avenger TBI Manual - Item #23, Page 4 & 6)
    http://documents.holley.com/199r10552rev.pdf (Holley Avenger TBI Manual - Figure 1, Page 8)

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Cabral View Post
    Holley's TBIs used to include a throttle lever extension:
    http://documents.holley.com/199r10552rev.pdf (Holley Avenger TBI Manual - Item #23, Page 4 & 6)
    http://documents.holley.com/199r10552rev.pdf (Holley Avenger TBI Manual - Figure 1, Page 8)
    Actually, I had moved the return spring over from my carb not realizing the Sniper had one with that removed it works great. Easy fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Mac66 View Post
    Actually, I had moved the return spring over from my carb not realizing the Sniper had one with that removed it works great. Easy fix.
    I just got the extension lever #20-14. Anyone have a picture of it installed? Thanks.

9. Default

Wanting to contribute to this forum which has been very helpful. I made this little extension just for testing with this issue, but it worked so well I decided to clean it up & keep it. I originally planned on adding a second bolt or pin to the arm connection point, but it turned out that the 1/4" nut/bolt provides plenty of resistance to the extension pivoting on the existing mount, and allows easy adjustment to the angle the arm rests at. Ain't pretty but works great! B.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	linkage.jpg 
Views:	656 
Size:	89.4 KB 
ID:	2120
    Last edited by BrianSanDiego; 04-11-2017 at 04:25 PM. Reason: typo

Would be nice if they were included it with the Sniper EFI. My truck is a '66 C10 with the pedal out of a '72. I switched it to a cable system and it's very touchy. Cruise at 60 MPH is only about 9% on the TPS & 1% change can be 3 or 4 MPH. Makes steady cruise a little hard. I'm going to machine one. With it being almost $45 with shipping that's just way too high. Jimmy