Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sniper EFI On Dual-Plane Intake

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Cabral View Post
    I know many successful dual-plane Sniper EFI users. It was probably the wrong intake manifold application.
    I had noticed the difference within seconds of starting the car. The manifold was correct, it actually seemed to drive "OK" on the dual-plane, and that's my point. I did not want "OK", I wanted a new car feel with TBI/EFI. What I'm sharing is from a call to Holley and they way the injectors work. I noticed the difference the moment I started the car the fist time after the manifold switch. If anything, the single-plane I put on is rated much higher RPM range. The dual-plane was rated from IDLE up, the single-plane was rated 2000 up.

Unlike a carb, the Sniper randomly fires the injectors, maybe left bank, maybe right bank, and if your running dual-plane, the Sniper can't choose which bank to add more fuel to, it just randomly fires, call Holley. It's amazing how may users want to argue theory when presented facts. Argue for your limitations, and sure enough they're yours.

Quote Originally Posted by eDecisions View Post
    I had noticed the difference within seconds of starting the car. The manifold was correct, it actually seemed to drive "OK" on the dual plane, and that's my point, I did not want "OK" I wanted a new car feel with TBI/EFI, and what I'm sharing is from a call to Holley and they way the injectors work. I noticed the difference the moment I started the car the fist time after the manifold switch, if anything the single plane I put on is rated much higher RPM range, the dual-plane was rated from IDLE up, the Single Pane was rated 2000 up.

Unlike a carb, the sniper randomly fires the injectors, maybe left bank, maybe right bank, and if your running dual plane the sniper can't choose which bank to add more fuel to, it just randomly fires, call Holley. It's amazing how may users want to argue theory when presented facts, Argue for your limitations, and sure enough they're yours.
    I would like to state, so misinformation is not spread, that the Sniper injectors do not fire "randomly". There is an injection strategy for the Sniper EFI injectors.

We have done extensive testing here at Holley, the Sniper EFI works well on both Single & Dual-Plane intakes. The thing about TBI injection, is it still requires the fuel to be distributed through the intake manifold. Lots of dynamics can effect the distribution of air & fuel into each cylinder, however, the Sniper EFI was designed to be used with both dual & single-plane intakes. Snipers test with success on both Single & Dual-Plane intakes.
    Last edited by Matt; 01-24-2018 at 11:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rel3rd View Post
    With the center divider not in the way, they work great. Here's how my Sniper EFI works with my Weiand Stealth dual-plane: https://youtu.be/vjFK18vmfsw. LOL.
    I have a wideband O2 sensor on the left side, and the Sniper EFI wideband O2 sensor on the right. They are always in sync with each other, regardless of load or RPM.
    Did you remove the center divider? If so, how? Do you have any pictures?

4. Default

Just so I'm clear on this, isn't it batch-fire on the fuel injectors? Where they all "go off" at the same time, but more/less frequency depending on RPM and varying duration depending on fuel requirements? Just want to make sure.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I would like to state, so misinformation is not spread, that the Sniper injectors do not fire "randomly". There is an injection strategy for the Sniper EFI injectors.

We have done extensive testing here at Holley, the Sniper EFI works well on both Single & Dual-Plane intakes. The thing about TBI injection, is it still requires the fuel to be distributed through the intake manifold. Lots of dynamics can effect the distribution of air & fuel into each cylinder, however, the Sniper EFI was designed to be used with both dual & single-plane intakes. Snipers test with success on both Single & Dual-Plane intakes.
    Thanks for sharing the actual facts, Matt.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikes87Camaro View Post
    Did you remove the center divider? if so how? Do you have any pictures?
    The Weiand Stealth came out of the box with about a 2" notch in the divider. Never, ever had a problem, used with three different carburetors, a FiTech, and a Sniper...street & strip.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Well then you you have a training problem at Holley. I called into support and your support person on the phone used this exact statement, "Injectors fire randomly." So either your wrong or your phone support is wrong.

Either way, I can tell you this, with the Single-Plane manifold and the Holley Sniper EFI, my car idles better than a Stock GB TBI which I have on my other vehicle. I don't want to fight, just sharing my personal first hand experience. My car runs stronger, cleaner, faster, and quieter with the single-plane than it did with the dual-plane with the notch & spacer. If you want to tell me otherwise, you'd be preaching to the wrong person, I'm sharing this experience for those guys that don't race and just want a great street driver.

Quote Originally Posted by eDecisions View Post
    I don't want to fight, just sharing my personal first hand experience.
    Neither do I. Thanks for your feedback.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

I've been reading a few of these posts. I've been wondering what the facts are on the install. Do the dual-plane installs have spacers for the ones that work OK? Does that make them work better? Or do they not have spacers and it's more a function of the cam and intake not being matched well? There are so many variables during these installs, it's hard to get down to the hard data.
    1981 Jeep Cherokee FSJ