Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sniper EFI On Dual-Plane Intake

Default Sniper EFI On Dual-Plane Intake

Hi, I had issues with Edelbrock running good one day, and running like crap the next. So I have Sniper EFI & Tanks Inc fuel system on order. This is for a new Vortec 350 stock, but has headers, no cats & mufflers. Also has an Edelbrock RPM that I had the center section milled down 1/2 inch like the Air Gap. It brought the fuel ratio from being 12.9 (pass side) & 11.9 (driver side), to 12.3 (pass side) & 12.0 (driver side) with the Edelbrock carb on it. But had a bad stumble like for 5 seconds before picking up with the Edelbrock, so that's why I ordered the Sniper EFI. I have the RPM on a stock engine because I plan to get a bigger cam once the warranty is up. My question is, how good does the Holley Sniper EFI work with dual-plane intake? I hear the Terminator EFI doesn't like the dual-plane at all.

We have had great success with the many customers running a Holley Sniper EFI System with a dual-plane manifold. I don't think you'll have any problem.
    Chris Myer
    800-880-0960 x654
    chris@EFISystemPro.com

Check our website for live stock status on all Holley items!
    www.EFISystemPro.com

Of course, use the appropriate intake manifold type & model for your engine application/combination.
    http://documents.holley.com/199r11193.pdf (Holley Sniper EFI Quick Start Manual - Read page 2.)
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

Quote Originally Posted by Nova View Post
    My question is, how good does the Holley Sniper EFI work with dual-plane intake? I hear the Terminator EFI doesn't like the dual-plane at all.
    With the center divider not in the way, they work great. Here's how my Sniper EFI works with my Weiand Stealth dual-plane: https://youtu.be/vjFK18vmfsw. LOL.
    I have a wideband O2 sensor on the left side, and the Sniper EFI wideband O2 sensor on the right. They are always in sync with each other, regardless of load or RPM.

Engine Masters did an episode where they did a carb/EFI comparison where they used the Sniper EFI. They had all sorts of problems and it ended up being some sort of airflow/fuel distribution problem with the dual-plane intake.

It's already been discussed several times on this forum. It was simply the wrong intake manifold for the engine combination.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

My Sniper EFI works great on a dual-plane Air-Gap; although it's on a Ford engine.

I'm just sharing my experience. I was running a dual-plane air-gap, could not get a smooth idle, off idle hesitation, poor fuel economy, and would not tune very well. I called Holley and learned the following: The Sniper has 4 injectors, they fire at random, the Sniper has no ability to add or increase fuel based on the left bank or the right bank, it reads only the one WBO2 Sensor and either takes away or adds fuel. The best option is the single-plane.

Today is 1/23/18, I installed my single-plane one week ago on 1/16/18, I've driven about 30 miles after the change, and here's what I noticed:
    1: Off idle hesitation gone.
    2: Idle quality, near new car.
    3: Fuel smell gone.
    4: MPG about 5 MPG better.
    5: Learn with the dual-plane 25% to 30%, single-plane -3% to +3%.

I suggest the single-plane, works great, and best ride. If you're a race car driver stick with your dyno, if you drive the streets single-plane.

So one week & 30 miles, and you've had miraculous results? LOL.

I know many successful dual-plane Sniper EFI users. It was probably the wrong intake manifold application.