Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Happy camper, C/O FiTech to Sniper, a few questions.

Default Happy camper, C/O FiTech to Sniper, a few questions.

I swapped over from FiTech, and quite frankly the car has run better & better. After two FiTech units, it's a pleasant change to know it will start and runs consistently each time. Never had that with FiTech.
    Questions.
    1. I have the FCC installed and had to use PWM to keep the pump from percolating the gas, and flooding the vent line with the FiTech. It appears this version software for Sniper does not support that? How can I accomplish the same thing with Sniper?
    2. The second thing involves the two speed fan setup I have. When the car is cutoff hot when you go to restart the fans run. Anyway to set that so fans don't start until it sees RPM?
    3. Lastly, initially I did not plan on running anything but points, so I took out extra wires in both harness. Is there way to get a pin-out of those 2, so I can rewire for a Mag? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by gtxpress View Post
    1. I have the FCC installed and had to use PWM to keep the pump from percolating the gas, and flooding the vent line with the FiTech. It appears this version software for Sniper does not support that? How can I accomplish the same thing with Sniper?
    The Sniper EFI doesn't have that type of custom I/O capability (like the Terminator, HP & Dominator EFI has).
    Perhaps a stand-alone PWM controller exists? Do you really need the FiTech FCC?
    http://documents.holley.com/techlibrary_199r11259.pdf (Holley Sniper EFI Software Help File)
    https://www.holley.com/support/resou...Fuel_Injection (Holley Sniper EFI Software Download)

2. The second thing involves the two speed fan setup I have. When the car is cutoff hot when you go to restart the fans run. Anyway to set that so fans don't start until it sees RPM?
    The Sniper EFI doesn't have that type of I/O capability. There's ways around this, such as an oil pressure switch inline with the electric fan relay (LINK).
    http://documents.holley.com/techlibrary_199r11259.pdf (Holley Sniper EFI Software Help File)
    https://www.holley.com/support/resou...Fuel_Injection (Holley Sniper EFI Software Download)

3. Lastly, initially I did not plan on running anything but points, so I took out extra wires in both harness. Is there way to get a pin-out of those 2, so I can rewire for a Mag? Thanks.
    Contact Holley Tech Service (LINK). Unfortunately, there isn't a wiring schematic or pin-out chart in any of the instructions.
    http://documents.holley.com/199r11031r.pdf (Holley Sniper EFI instruction Manual)
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

Quote Originally Posted by gtxpress View Post
    I swapped over from FiTech, and quite frankly the car has run better & better. After two FiTech units, it's a pleasant change to know it will start and runs consistently each time. Never had that with FiTech.
    Questions.
    CONGRATULATIONS! I also swapped from a FiTech to a Sniper...better everything.

If it were me, I'd eliminate the Fuel Command Center, and use an EFI specific fuel tank/system.
    100% of my fueling issues disappeared, with the removal of the FCC.
    If that's not an option, Aeromotive makes a fuel pump controller, but if I remember right, it's a little pricey.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Cabral View Post
    The Sniper EFI...
    Holy Crap Danny! The Sniper software! Now, I wonder where the CAN adapter, to allow us to use it, is? Any help, or contact Holley support?

Quote Originally Posted by rel3rd View Post
    Now, I wonder where the CAN adapter, to allow us to use it, is? Any help, or contact Holley support?
    I'll probably be added to the website shortly.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Cabral View Post
    I'll probably be added to the website shortly.
    "Shortly"...ha ha. OK, thanks. I'm on hold with support now.

Just got off the phone with technical support, and the tech didn't even know the software had been released yet.
    Once confirmed, he made a couple clarifications. So, just an FYI on the Sniper EFI software Danny.
    The 4 injector units do everything via SD card from the handheld, whether it's datalogs or tuning.
    There is no CAN adapter, or adapter cables needed, aside from the SD card reader, that will plug into your laptop, or PC.
    Now, he did say that the 8 injector Super Sniper, when released, will use a USB cable and allow in car tuning.
    The SD card method sounds fine to me. Of course, my card reader is at home. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by rel3rd View Post
    Just got off the phone with technical support, and the tech didn't even know the software had been released yet.
    Once confirmed, he made a couple clarifications. So, just an FYI on the Sniper EFI software Danny.
    Rel3rd, thanks for the information.

The 4 injector units do everything via SD card from the handheld, whether it's datalogs or tuning.
    There is no CAN adapter, or adapter cables needed, aside from the SD card reader, that will plug into your laptop, or PC.
    So how does a Sniper EFI user connect a laptop "Online" to the ECU, for tuning live or in real time?

The FiTech PWM capability is really only of benefit due to the FCC's design. If you do away with the FCC (as wisely recommended by rel3rd), then you won't need the FiTech's PWM. WalbroFuelPumps.com sells a great fuel pump kit for the FiTech or Holley Sniper EFI Systems that will give you what you need to put an EFI fuel pump in your existing tank: http://walbrofuelpumps.com/walbro-fu...itech-efi.html
    Chris Myer
    800-880-0960 x654
    chris@EFISystemPro.com

Check our website for live stock status on all Holley items!
    www.EFISystemPro.com, including a the
    full line of Holley HyperSpark Distributors!

Thumbs up

Well...it seems I was not given info that's 100% accurate. I posted what I found out from the Holley tech, over on the Chevelle site and thankfully Doug F. & Andy L, both directly involved with the Holley EFI systems, provided information that is somewhat different than I received today. Although we will be able to tune & datalog, right now, via SD card like I posted above, there is indeed a CAN to USB adapter that is expected to be out in mid April. This adapter will allow real time monitoring & tuning, as per the guys who designed it. So right now, it's SD card tuning & data logging, and if all goes as planned, live tuning capability in 6 weeks, give or take.

Sorry to have shared conflicting info this morning, but this latest is from the horse's mouth, so to speak. Regardless, the software looks pretty awesome, and also appears to be user friendly as well.

The software that Danny linked to has a folder for a USB driver. So there must be some hardware that needs it.

I'm looking forward for a dual setup with the option for nitrous. I have a Chevy 400ci with dual quads & dual plate nitrous that might not take the Sniper units. Spacing too close, and can't turn the EFI sideways. But, I also have a Blue Thunder 460 dual quad intake that has the wide spacing. I'm polishing it this month.