Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Driveshaft Sensor Installation

You're welcome.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

I utilized a power probe to rapidly apply and remove +12V to the white/green (A4) input to the ECU and the gauge panel displayed ~200 driveshaft RPM. The ECU is functioning properly and the software is configured properly. It turns out that 12V to 7V is not nearly enough of a swing to trigger an F input. Even 12V to 4V is not enough. It must be something on the sensor end. I’ll keep you posted.

It turns out it was a bad Hall-Effect sensor. Greg from Motorsports Innovations did the right thing and sent me a new one. It’s working great! I love being able to monitor/datalog driveshaft RPM. I also, with the help of this forum, made a Math Channel to datalog converter slippage. What an awesome feature! Thanks guys.

Quote Originally Posted by George F View Post
    I also, with the help of this forum, made a Math Channel to datalog converter slippage.What an awesome feature!
    Yeah, that's one of my Math Channels (LINK).

Thanks guys.
    You're welcome.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123