Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Driveshaft Sensor Installation

Type - RPM
    Display/Caution/Normal Min - 0 RPM
    Display/Caution/Normal Max - 10000 RPM
    Pulses To Average - 2
    Pulses - 2 PPROT

I put a multimeter on the signal wire to measure voltage. There was 12 volts present. Then I spun the driveshaft by hand. Each time a magnet went past the pickup, voltage would go to around 6. Does it sound like it’s functioning properly?

What sensor/kit are you using?
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

Motorsports Innovations with a 2 magnet collar.

“Driveshaft RPM” shows up in the list of available channels. I assigned a gauge on the laptop gauge panel to that channel, but “Driveshaft RPM” is not checked with a green check to the left. Must it be checked for the gauge to work or is that only if you want to datalog that channel? I’m trying to determine why, when I click on “Where used”, it says “Driveshaft RPM is not in use”.

Quote Originally Posted by George F View Post
    I’m trying to determine why, when I click on “Where used”, it says “Driveshaft RPM is not in use”.
    I don't think that's what it means. "Where Used" indicates where that Input or Output is used in other Inputs, Outputs or ICFs. For example, my Transmission Temperature Input states it's not in use anywhere else, but my Digital Dash gauge works fine.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

I spoke to someone at Motorsports Innovations and he said based on the test I did with the voltmeter, the pickup/sensor is functioning properly. I must have done something wrong with the configuration/software. I’m not going to have a chance to work on the car for the next few days. If and when I determine what I did wrong, I’ll post it. Thanks.

I can’t figure it out. What would be the easiest way to determine if there's continuity at a particular input (white/black wire to pin A13), and to determine if that input is communicating with the ECU? Thanks.

An Ohms continuity test (multimeter) will indicate wiring integrity. The Data Monitor/Datalogger should indicate if there's at least a signal. Have you driven the vehicle? Have you tried another ground using a jumper wire?

I have driven the vehicle. I haven’t tried another ground because it’s connected to a terminal block that I’m certain is a quality ground. The last thing I’m going to try is to hook it up to another input. The white/green wire (pin A4).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12