Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Sniper intermittently cutting out, new install.

Nickn, have you taken a datalog to see what your ECU is seeing? I have a post going over my experience with your type of issue. Here's a link:!-EMI-amp-RFI

I have not, but I will. I’m also going to try to set the timing one more time. It feels like it floods when this happens, but I’ll update you soon on this.

So I redid the timing with the Holley dual sync distributor, set the cranking timing at 200 RPM, @ 15°. You have to do this on the PC, save it & reinsert the SD card in the handheld. I started it up, go it between 12° & 15° on idle and with Static Timing Set was able to rev up in between 12° & 15°. I took it for a HARD drive, burnouts pulling 80 MPH and had ZERO issues, except it died on me once after sitting at a stop light for five minutes. I went to take off and it died, it started right back up then ran great after that. I took a datalog, but it may not have saved the date. It says 2011, so I'm not sure it saved it, as I didn't hit stop datalog, I turned off the car. So my issue was watching one video that says set it at 15° at idle and another video that says 15° at cranking. Hope this helps anyone.

Wondering if you figured out what was causing this? I'm running into the same thing without timing control.