Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Testing Boost Control With Shop Air

Default Testing Boost Control With Shop Air

Do I hook shop air to the fill solenoid & MAP sensor? I plan on running a 60 psi fixed CO2 source. Using dome pressure control only for now. Or do I just need it to the fill solenoid?

You don't need to do anything with the MAP sensor.
    Just hook the shop air up to the boost solenoid(s).
    -Scott
    Don't forget to check out progress on my Race Car:
    Project Blasphemy - 8.07 @ 171
    Low 8 Second Street Car

Thanks, I wasn't sure if it needed to see boost to function or not.

OK, the solenoids work fine and follow my boost curve perfectly. My question is this, I'm running Boost vs Time, Transbrake Launch check marked. It starts the timer as soon as I turn the ignition on. It restarts it when I hit the transbrake button like it should. If I use TPS Modulation, it won't start till I reach the point with the TPS. But it gives me full dome pressure once I hit my TPS value to start modulation. Seems like somethings not exactly right to me.

Weird that it turns the timer on as soon as you key up. Also, agreed it seems weird that it's loading the dome 100% as soon as TPS threshold is reached. Does the solenoid cycle wen you reach the TPS activation %, or does is just stay open (one click)?

It cycles & matches my commanded dome pressure. That part doesn't bother me as much, as it starting the timer when I turn the ignition on.

Are there any linked Inputs or Outputs that would see power upon key up that would trigger the timer? Like a transbrake relay for example? Maybe disable each Input/Output one at a time, and see if any make a difference. And if so, then investigate.

Yes, the timer starts when you release the transbrake. Try setting boost control to Manual instead of Time, until you are done tuning the PID.

Problem is the cycle starts when he turns the key on without doing anything else.

I'll try a few different things. The PID is tuned now. I can't hear any of the relays on the speedwire clicking. It's wierd the timer and solenoids start before the fuel pump prime.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast