Thread: Sniper EFI & Aftermarket Tachometer Question

Default Sniper EFI & Aftermarket Tachometer Question

Hey guys, got a question I'm not 100% on. I've got an Auto Meter Auto Gage aftermarket tach. I followed the Holley instructions and put the tan wire to the tach signal wire, and after startup I got no signal to the tach. Am I missing something? A setting that has to be turned on? Maybe I'm just better off hooking the tach back up to the coil - and calling it a day? It worked when I had it on the coil.

Assuming you do NOT have an MSD box, the YELLOW wire goes to COIL -, and DARK BROWN is your tachometer's RPM signal feed wire.

Quote Originally Posted by rel3rd View Post
    Assuming you do NOT have an MSD box, the YELLOW wire goes to COIL - and DARK BROWN is your tachometer's RPM signal feed wire.
    Sorry, it was the dark brown wire for the tach. The tan is for Holley gauges. None the less, it still didn't communicate with the tach.

If it's an "Auto Gage", then you need their tach conditioner. If it's an "Auto Meter" it should work.
    When I say "should work", "Auto Meter" put the guts of a "Auto Gage" into some older "Auto Meter" tachs.

http://forums.holley.com/showthread....9384#post59384 (Related Forum Thread)
    The dark brown wire is the Tach Output: http://documents.holley.com/199r11031r.pdf (Holley Sniper EFI Instruction Manual - "ECU Wiring Overview", Page 16 & "10 Pin Connector", Page 17)
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

I have an Auto Gage tach. Dated 12/16. It works fine without any adapter. Before that, a SunPro, which also worked fine...just an FYI.