Thread: Holley Sniper With Vintage Air

Default Holley Sniper With Vintage Air

I'm installing a Holley Sniper on a SBC with Vintage Air. If anyone has this combo, where did you run the orange wire (A/C idle up), and what relay did you use? And where did you run the gray wire (A/C shutdown at WOT), and did you use a relay for that? Thanks!

Take the +12V wire from the AC, and tap off of it, run it to a relay pin 86, ground pin 85.
    Then take +12V from any key-on ignition on source, and run it through pin 30 on that relay, and connect the orange wire to pin 87.
    This will give you the IAC Kick when the A/C engages.
    Also to note, this works with ALL systems, it's not specific to Vintage Air. And you can use any standard automotive relay.
    -Scott
    Don't forget to check out progress on my Race Car:
    Project Blasphemy - 8.07 @ 171
    Low 8 Second Street Car

Great explanation! Thanks so much.

What about the high RPM A/C cutoff? Any tips there? Mine actually self corrects pretty fast with A/C clutch engaged, without any IAC Kick enabled.

You can simply add a relay between the A/C compressor and the +12V wire, go through pin 87A instead of pin 87.
    Then you trigger it using any output, and set the trigger to be set by RPM.
    This way it passes the +12V wire all the time unless you turn it off by triggering pin 85/86.
    And if it was me, I'd trigger it with a ground and just use the +12V for the compressor to also power pin 86.
    And then you don't have to worry about adding an extra ground to the relay, pin 85 will get its ground from the ECU trigger.
    -Scott
    Low 8 Second Street Car

S2H, just so I'm clear on the wiring on the RPM A/C cutoff, +12V wire powering the compressor would go to pin 87A, and would continue on to the compressor out of pin 30. Also, tap the wire going into pin 87A and go to pin 86. The gray wire from the EFI would go to pin 85. Is this all correct? Thanks for your help.

Yes. (And pin 87A/30 can go either direction through the relay.)
    -Scott
    Low 8 Second Street Car

OK, thanks!

S2H, I'm (as usual, sorry) a little confused. In this reply, you say to supply +12V from a key-on ignition source to pin 30 of the relay.
    This +12V will then be applied to pin 87 when the relay is triggered by the +12V wire from the A/C compressor coming on @ relay pin 86.
    With pin 87 hooked to the orange wire of the EFI ECU, we will then send a +12V signal to pin A of the 10-pin connector.
    I was led to believe that the 10-pin triggers (both input & output) are all negative triggers, so how will +12V into pin A work for the IAC Kick?
    Am I missing something, or just confused?