Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question On Fixed Timing In Boost Builder

S2H, can you post a screenshot of that Advanced Table? I think I'm grasping what your saying, but a visual would make it easier for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Five O View Post
    S2H, can you post a screenshot of that Advanced Table? I think I'm grasping what your saying, but a visual would make it easier for me.
    Same here. That would be great.
    Scottie
    Turbo LS Mustang
    8.71 @ 156.79

Both triggered by the transbrake. This is what I do on my car:

And we do this on my buddy's truck:
    -Scott
    Don't forget to check out progress on my Race Car:
    Project Blasphemy - 8.07 @ 171
    Low 8 Second Street Car

Thank You!!! I'm a visual person and it all clicked when I saw your example. One question: If the transbrake is the trigger, do I need to check "AT Launch Input Enabled" & "Switched Enabled"?
    Scottie
    Turbo LS Mustang
    8.71 @ 156.79

At Launch Input Enabled would be the release of your Transbrake Input in the Boost ICF, so not that one.
    Switched Enabled is all you need, and just drag the pin to the same pin location as your Transbrake Input.
    -Scott
    Don't forget to check out progress on my Race Car:
    Project Blasphemy - 8.07 @ 171
    Low 8 Second Street Car

Quote Originally Posted by S2H View Post
    At Launch Input Enabled would be the release of your Transbrake Input in the Boost ICF, so not that one.
    Thank you, sir.

...and just drag the pin to the same pin location as your Transbrake Input.
    I need a little help with this. Am I correct in assuming that I need to see the pin in Unassigned Pins to be able to drag it to the Transbrake Input? Using that assumption, I defined/enabled an Input pin, but unsure of the Type value (Internal?) and Source in Configure. It did not show up as Unassigned so I'm doing something wrong?

Gave it a little more thought. Since the Transbrake Input Type is "H", I defined the new input Type as +12V and it showed up as Unassigned, so I could drag it to the Transbrake Input. Please confirm I'm correct.
    Scottie
    Turbo LS Mustang
    8.71 @ 156.79

Quote Originally Posted by S2H View Post
    Switched Enabled is all you need, and just drag the pin to the same pin location as your Transbrake Input.
    Did you get these mixed up?
    It's the "At Launch Input Enabled" activation option that appears in the Pin Map (to drag & drop/combine with Transbrake).
    The "Switched Enable" requires you to select a channel from its drop down menu to activate the Advanced 1D/2D Table.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

I use a bit different, but close to SH2's method. It seems to work well for me. I use two Advanced Tables. One for Timing Offset, and one for Fuel Flow Offset. The difference is, I substitute the Boost Axis with RPM. This way, the engine has normal timing and fuel up to the launch RPM. AT that RPM, I take out timing, and add fuel to get heat in the exhaust. This makes the engine lose power, and it starts to "dance" between the normal timing/fuel & launch timing/fuel. I use the RPM break points to set the hysteresis of the switch point. This method takes some trial & error, but once it's right, works very smooth and builds the boost quickly.

I also have timing & fuel tables defined. Just got around to testing it, and based on what I see in the datalog, it's working as defined in my tables. The tables need tweaking, and I'll be doing that at the track tonight.

TRENDZ, I have the timing table set like S2H, and I have a the fuel set to 0 until about 3 psi, then I add fuel as the launch boost increases. AFAIK, that's what's needed for an automatic and the opposite for a manual transmission.
    Scottie
    Turbo LS Mustang
    8.71 @ 156.79

I dump a lot more fuel and take away a lot of timing. This is essentially my "Two Step". Doing it this way kills engine power on the brake/above the set RPM, so it does not rev, yet still builds boost. I then rely on the boost control/transbrake setting to settle down the launch boost.
    .Attachment 2006
    Attachment 2007
    Last edited by TRENDZ; 01-25-2017 at 05:35 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12