Thread: 3.5" TSLCD upgrade to older Terminator ECU connections?

Default 3.5" TSLCD upgrade to older Terminator ECU connections?

The instructions in the 553-108 3.5" touchscreen kit (& online) show hooking up the 271R1075A CAN adapter harness to a +12V & ground. But neither of the connectors on that harness will plug in to my main loom or the 3.5" TSLCD. The instructions also show just plugging in the 271R1097A 4' CAN extension. That makes sense as I have the CAN connector in my loom and the 3.5" TSLCD. What am I missing? My ECU is early unit from 9/2013. Do I only need to hook up the CAN extension? I've done extensive searching on this, the only thing I found was some guy on YouTube saying that no additional power wires are needed. Thanks in advance.

I think this is what you need, but isn't it included with your TSLCD?
    https://www.holley.com/products/fuel.../parts/558-430 (Holley 558-430 CAN Adapter Power Harness)
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

That is the 271R1075A part number that I don't have any connections for, the CAN is female and the other is a 2-pin Weather-Pack connector, should I call tech line? That can be a painfully long call. My ECU loom has the female CAN connector on it with 4 wires, the CAN connector on the 558-430, two of the wires are the power wires that have to be connected to power/ground. This is the YouTube title: Holley EFI Fuel Injection 3.5" Touchscreen Installation Upgrade Terminator. I don't have much faith in random info on the internet.

Contact Holley Tech Service (LINK).
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

They are closed, but I do have power/ground to the terminals in the CAN connector on my loom. The same as the 558-430 would have if I added +/- so my loom must be a early version, as it does not have the 2-pin Weather-Pack connector. Thanks Danny.

UPDATE: So according to the tech line, the 558-430 is not needed, he said to just plug in the CAN extension, I figured as much. I did not want to make any assumptions when it came to hooking up electronics.
    I have another question, he was going to email me a V4 Wizard to load in the 3.5" TSLCD, but it did not come through, is that needed to do the upgrade? I have read through most of the posts on the V2 to V4 upgrade, as well as the Holley info. I had planned to do it with the laptop not the handheld, do you have any additional information/instructions on this? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by fitzmotor View Post
    I have another question, he was going to email me a V4 Wizard to load in the 3.5" TSLCD, but it did not come through, is that needed to do the upgrade?
    You don't need the GCF Wizard when using a laptop.
    http://forums.holley.com/showthread....ents-Read-This! (Initial Checks & Adjustments - Read Step #1!)

Thanks for the update, fitzmotor. It would be helpful to many if Holley would put this info out as a published addendum to the packaged 553-108 installation instructions, and in a "sticky" on the forum. Like you & others, I've been puzzling over the same thing. My Terminator harness is identical to yours and this solves the problem of "what am I missing here." Yes, it's probably intuitively obvious as there is no way to connect the +12V Switched power harness in these cases, but like you, I don't 'assume' anything with electronics, especially an expensive ECU.