Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sudden severe overfueling with my Sniper EFI.

If it does have that option, I sure can't find it. Well we all know I'm quick, on that rush to judgement thing...LOL. I'm going to email the Holley tech department, and see if this sensor is covered by any warranty. I've only had the system two months, with very limited driving (maybe 400 miles, tops), and only seven passes at the dragstrip, so I guess it's worth asking.

Quote Originally Posted by rel3rd View Post
    If it does have that option, I sure can't find it.
    It's not there on my non-Sniper 3.5" TSLCD either. It allows disabling Closed Loop and/or Learn, but can't "Clear" the Learn Table like the EFI software can. I also checked my Holley EFI Digital Dash, and it can "Clear" the Learn Table, as well as disable Closed Loop and/or Learn.
    http://forums.holley.com/showthread....4669#post84669 (Related Forum Thread)
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Cabral View Post
    It's not there on my non-Sniper 3.5" TSLCD either. It allows disabling Closed Loop and/or Learn, but can't "Clear" the Learn Table like the EFI software can. I also checked my Holley EFI Digital Dash, and it can "Clear" the Learn Table, as well as disable Closed Loop and/or Learn.
    But you can save a known good GF to the SD card, and load it in if you need it.

Quote Originally Posted by 81 TransAm View Post
    But you can save a known good GF to the SD card, and load it in if you need it.
    Yes, and I always keep a copy of my current Global File saved there (and in my email). I've often stated, "The 3.5" & 5.7" LCD Touchscreens can also quickly & easily change Global Files (create an emergency GF), by storing them on the SD Card. And now the Digital Dash is also capable of storing/changing Global Files, except on a USB flash drive. I have the Digital Dash & 3.5" Touchscreen units, but I store my "known to be good" Global File on the 3.5" TSLCD, because it conveniently holds the SD Card.
    http://forums.holley.com/showthread....4669#post84669 (Related Forum Thread)

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

I have the 3.5" touchscreen. I just love it. I did most of my tuning with the laptop, and now use the touchscreen for monitoring.

I haven't ever seen anywhere to save a tune file. Where is that at?

Quote Originally Posted by 81 TransAm View Post
    I have the 3.5" touchscreen. I just love it. I did most of my tuning with the laptop, and now use the touchscreen for monitoring.
    That's exactly what I did, and what I'm doing now.

Quote Originally Posted by rel3rd View Post
    I haven't ever seen anywhere to save a tune file. Where is that at?
    http://documents.holley.com/199r11031r.pdf (Holley Sniper EFI Instruction Manual - "Global Configs", Page 32)

Just wanted to update. Finally got my new wideband O2 sensor. I originally ordered a Bosch 17014 WBO2 sensor, and that was wrong. So with some digging around, found & ordered a Bosch 17025 WBO2 sensor, which is a direct fit and has a longer wire harness as well.

Turned the Closed Loop function back on, and fired the car up. Let it warm up and at 160°, went into Closed Loop, and started Learning, just like it should. Once warmed up, AFR stayed right on my commanded settings, on both banks. I use the handheld as a monitor. With Holley WBO2 sensor in right collector, and I have an AEM WBO2 kit that I used to use for WOT tuning my old carburetor, with sensor in left collector. They are now both exactly in sync, which the original Holley sensor seemed, from Day 1, always reading slightly richer.

One thing I did notice. I let it sit & idle while I shuffled some vehicles around the shop. After maybe 20 minutes of idling, the Closed Loop Learn % was already in the low 40s. So seems like it's Learning even faster than it originally was, which is OK by me. Thanks again Danny and anyone else who replied. Ready for the road again, and Holley is also sending me a new sensor under warranty. I'll probably just keep that one as a spare.
    Last edited by rel3rd; 12-29-2016 at 06:34 PM.

Was this a definite fix for you? My truck did the same thing today, but even reflashing and disabling Closed Loop would not let me drive home.

Yes. The new Bosch WBO2 sensor fixed it. I've never had a reason to try the warranty one from Holley, so don't know if it's another bad one or not. I just know the new Bosch one works great. Important note: https://forums.holley.com/showthread...7878#post87878 (Post #4)
    Last edited by rel3rd; 05-01-2017 at 06:07 AM.