Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Sudden severe overfueling with my Sniper EFI.

Hi all. I've had a very similar situation, but was driving at 80 MPH and it started to over fuel & flood. I managed to get it home after cutting out three times. After reading this thread, I disabled Closed Loop and reloaded a new base calibration, the car fired up and was able to drive it around. I turned the Closed Loop on, and almost instantly started to over fuel until I disabled it. Mine is in a '76 Corvette with a 383 mild cam & sidepipes, so the closest place I could put the sensor is 3-4 feet away from the head.

Quote Originally Posted by fissan View Post
    I turned the Closed Loop on, and almost instantly started to over fuel until I disabled it.
    So check for wiring problems and replace the WBO2 sensor. Also, ensure there's no exhaust leaks upstream of the WBO2 sensor.

Mine is in a '76 Corvette with a 383 mild cam & sidepipes, so the closest place I could put the sensor is 3-4 feet away from the head.
    That should be fine. A short lived WBO2 sensor is usually an installation or location problem.
    http://forums.holley.com/showthread....ension-Harness (WBO2 Sensor Information - Read 4th & 5th paragraph under "Wideband O2 Sensor Notes".)
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

Cheers Danny. No leaks upstream. Only way to relocate closer to heads would be to install a bung in a single runner, but this would only sample one cylinder. Just need now to order a replacement sensor. Regards, Bruce.

Only way to relocate closer to heads would be to install a bung in a single runner, but this would only sample one cylinder.
    I didn't say it needed to be located closer. Three or four feet from the cylinder head should be fine.

Just need now to order a replacement sensor.
    Click on the link in my post #42 above.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

There's a good bit of info there Danny. Was I interpreting something correct, that I can space the sensor out of the exhaust gas stream? If this is so, it may be my best option as the prewelded bung in my collector is at 90° from vertical, and can't be repositioned due to bodywork. (Hooker header Corvette sidepipes setup.) Will these operate out of the exhaust flow? Regards, Bruce.

Was I interpreting something correct, that I can space the sensor out of the exhaust gas stream? Will these operate out of the exhaust flow?
    Yes, within reason. That's the purpose of the HBX-1 and/or long WBO2 sensor bungs.

OK. I'll look into reinstalling a bung that protects the sensor and angles it as much as I can, with the room I have. Regards, Bruce.